Earth Day website created by 6th graders at daughters school

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by toni, Apr 21, 2015.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

My daughter teaches science at this school and some of the students approached her early this school year about having an Earth Day website. She was their sponsor but they did all the work.
    They would be thrilled to have gardeners from all over the world visit, cast you vote in the poll, view the artwork they made from donated trash items and send them a message. The website is live now, so it can be viewed they are checking spelling, etc.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The 1st annual POPCS Earth Day Every Day website goes live Wednesday, 4/22, Earth Day!

The 6th graders have been working on this since October and the website was entirely created and designed by a volunteer team of 7 students, the ED2 Tech Team. The Driving Questions was, “How can you make a difference, and inspire others to make a difference for planet Earth?” The students researched a chosen Earth Day issue incorporating what we’ve learned in Earth Science this year and they created some wonderful presentations featured on the website. They also have a section dedicated to the 5th grade recycled art! Please visit www.popearthday.weebly.com

Frank and Clay_22 like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Logan
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Sjoerd
      Replies:
      Views:

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, I just visited their website, and it is amazing! I also took the poll.
    However, the statement "God made the earth just for humans" seems a bit restrictive to me. Perhaps the students need to re-think that statement?

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I need to email my daughter about a couple of spelling errors I have found so I'll mention that to her also.

marlingardener likes this.
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Lovely website and well done by all. I enjoyed looking through the creative artwork. The sound mixing was a bit low on some of the videos I tried but I could see the effort put into them regardless. Added my votes to the poll also :)

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I love what the children have done with trash. One of my favourites, as I love big cats, is the Snow Leopard. A little imagination, some glue and coloured pencils and they have managed to achieve some really good pieces.

7. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I checked it out also and took the polls. What a great project.