Funny thing happened today.........camera

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by bsewnsew, Oct 25, 2007.

1. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Frank ......

I am going to share another weird story that happened to my camera today...
    Went to the store called Staples to hunt for something.While I was there I looked at keyboards , mine is loosing all the letters. Then I thought well I will take my camera an take a photo and go home an match it..
    Here when I turned on the camera, something must of been transmitted to the camera from the key board, my camera said card error again...
    ( My problem a while ago)

No way would it work...
    So I left and went to another parking lot , took out the camera and turned it on .......Card error let.

Would you think there is some sort of contact there?

Sure made me think....

barb

2. Loading...

3. Evil Roy

Evil Roy In Flower

You'd have to enable a setting on your camera and run something on the computer before they could talk to each other. More than likely you haven't formatted the camera memory card lately. Over time, cards get fragmented just like a hard drive as you delete and retake pictures. Some cameras have a hard time dealing with the fragmentation and lock up until the card is reformatted. Transfer all of your pictures to your computer and format the card. You'll safe yourself a lot of trouble later.

4. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Thanks ER

E R

Thanks ............. :D
    Now let me confuse you even more.......
    I had formated the camera several time. At that it kept saying it needs Initialized....
    I tried it on an old computer , didnt help.
    Kept messing with the settings all around .. It came back......

Set for several hours and back to Card error..
    Took out he card and put in a different card.
    It worked.
    So I put he old card back in ........Now it is working.
    FOr How long??????????

It will not keep the date on a photo. Never did.
    I am wondering how long it will work?//////

Thanks .....
    Now I am hunting for a fuji cradle or dock for a s8000 camera........Do you know if it has that at fuji?

I have a fujifilm E510 it has a cradle to charge .

Thanks for helping..

barb

5. Evil Roy

Evil Roy In Flower

First, make sure you're formatting the card and not the internal memory. You can also put the card in a PC and format it there. The camera will add anything it needs when you turn it on. Next, take the batteries out and leave them out for 48 hoiurs, this clears all of the settings and returns them to the factory default. If the memory that holds the settings has a problem, this should clear it.

Advertisement
  6. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Worth a try........

Evil

Thanks again.

Now what I did do when I took out the card was put it into the scanner that uploads to my computer ..It had the xd slot........I uploaded the photos on it.

THere is something else I formatted before I stuck the card in the scanner.........And the photos was still on there???????? Now do you think that I formatted the Internal memory?

Here is how I did the format.
    I turn on the camera and did the arrows till I came to format......clicked ok and it did it.

Just what are you supposed to do when you put the card in the computer(scanner) to make it do that?
    One time I put the camera in the old compute USB connection and clicked on something like a photo thing and it did the job.
    What did I use??????

7. Evil Roy

Evil Roy In Flower

If the photos were still there after you formatted the card, then you formatted the wrong one. Try looking for a setting that tells the camera to use the card instead of the internal memory. When you connect the camera to the computer with a USB cable, it becomes a hard drive. If you're using windows, double click the My Computer icon and find the drive. You can format it from there.

8. digital flower

digital flower Seedling

With memory cards being so cheap now. I wouldn't mess around with this one if your other cards are working properly. What happens if you take a lot of good pictures and the card finally cr@ps out?

9. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

xd cards

Are you talking of the xd cards crapping out?

I take many photos for sure ..thousands. :oops: