Gas prices.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Capt Kirk, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Us people here in the states are beginning to see what the Europeans have been putting up with for years. What are your gas prices. I was in town this morning and it was at $3.01 per gal. That was down from $3.05 on Fri.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Doghouse Riley
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. eclecticgarden
      Replies:
      Views:

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

4. redrose

redrose Seedling

I gased up for $3.18 today. :(

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We've just be informed here in Scotland that the price of petrol is going to rise to over £1.00 a litre within the next few days. Actually there are already a few places in the UK that already have prices in excess of £1.00. That makes petrol over $9.50 a gallon!!! :(

Advertisement
  6. Evil Roy

Evil Roy In Flower

7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Right now it's hitting the NOK 12,- mark. That's something like $2,20 or £1,08 after today's calculations. We had more expensive petrol this summer.

Edit: That's the liter-price.

8. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

And it is the same here by us.

We have been forewarned via the media to expect a price increase in November and TWO price increases during December.

I am contemplating taking cycling lessons (I cannot cycle) and take my daughter's bicycle to get from point A to B.

9. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

Yesterday the price for a US gallon of regular gasoline, here in Land O' Lakes was $3.29, and it has changed three time in the last week to get to that price. I drive a 7 year old Oldsmobile Aurora, that needs Premium Gas, @ just about $3.50 per gallon. I think that Palm Tree has the best idea, to bicycle to the local stops. Except that the snow and cold present a hazard there. Not to mention, these old legs may get me there but object when I want to go home again. Down is good Caption, but it seems that it goes down by nickels and up by dimes. To remember when I was young and a dollars worth would get me where ever I needed to go on date night. Now a dollars worth doesn't get the lawn mowed.
    Tom

10. Capt Kirk

I remember when I was in high school, we would pull into a closed gas station and drain the gas out of the hoses. We could usually get enough for the rest of the evening.

11. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Now there's a trick I hadn't heard of before. Very creative! (or desperate?)

Wish I could bike - I'm near enough to most things I could except I'm forever hauling kids/groceries/dirt, etc., which can't be done too well that way. :-/

If I only have to move 'me' I'll probably bike more, but it's unfortunately rare that the reason I'm going somewhere isn't to haul other people/stuff. Sigh.

12. Calomaar

Calomaar Deputy's Friend

I also remember just after I got married, our neighbor was one of those that checked his gas mileage all the time, and kept a log in the car. He was constantly tinkering with the engine trying to get better mileage. He would brag how his mileage was better than others because of his driving techniques. Another neighbor and I decided to play a trick on him. We got 2 gallons of gas and added it to the first neighbors gas tank. We did that after he filled up several times. The first neighbor couldn't keep his mouth shut, bragging how he had found a secret adjustment of his carburetor, that had drastically increased his mileage. After several weeks of listening to his constant talk about good mileage, My friend and I reversed the procedure, we siphoned about 2 gallons from his car. We did that after the next couple gas fills. It was amazing how the talk stopped, and the time he spent trying to find that secret adjustment again. When we finally told him what we had done, he couldn't see the humor in it at all.

Tom

13. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Gas here on Vestvagøy island is at 12.50+ NOK a liter. It was about the same price during the summer tourist season. but the folks have to remember that a liter is have of the 2 liter size soda pop containers,, so thats not very much gas comepared to a gallon, which i think is 3 3/4 liters to make a gallon. or very close at least. so rounding off here, i converted the liter price to make 1 gallon an came up with $7.21. math was never a strong point for me so i could be wrong, it has happened before,,lol.

14. Evil Roy

Evil Roy In Flower

A few years ago I noticed the gas mileage on my pickup was dropping. I spent quite a bit of time and money trying to get the mileage back where it should be. I finally figured out what was happening when I filled up at a station two blocks from home and noticed it was down by a quarter of a tank the next morning. Someone was stealing my gas. I bought a locking cap and the mileage jumped immediately. A few days later, the teenager across the street started his car and it sounded terrible. It clattered, banged, and wouldn't run well enough to even back out of the driveway. When we checked Toni's car, it was down a little on fuel. The teen didn't realize that his little Fuel Injected Mustang wouldn't use the same fuel as a diesel. He had to have it towed away and repaired. This happened three or four times, once it was his Dad's van. I figure Dad gave him money to fill the tank and he decided his way was cheaper. It was probably the most expensive free gas he'll ever get.

15. Capt Kirk

Primsong, we were teenagers, so we were desperate! Why waste money on gas when we could spend it on burgers and girls ! And beer when we could find someone to buy it for us! :)

16. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

I have the problem with gas disappearing at least once a week.It usually happens when a certain neighbor down the road is out of work or is back on
    meth.It will stop for a while and then start back.
    If I ever catch him I'm going to put buckshot in his backside.It hit $3.00 mark here yesterday and some stations are higher.