HELP!!! My toms leaves are curling!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by KK Ng, May 16, 2012.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thanks Mart but I don't think that they'll be fine. The first plant that flowered was healthy and was its leaves started to curl after that. The flowers did not form and the growth of the plants seemed to be retarded. Now the other two plants with the baby tomatoes, their leaves are also starting to curl ..... hmmm could it be air pollution? Anyway I'll update my blog and post some photos later.

2. mart

mart Strong Ash

If these are the first blooms thats pretty common. Many don`t set fruit on the first bloom. Are your plants close together? If not, you can take a soft paintbrush or cotton swab and go from flower to flower to help pollinate. I know some don`t think you need to but believe me, if you are lacking in insects, it helps. If they are close enough to each other you can just shake them together. There is also a product called Bloom-Set that you can use. If your climate is very humid the blooms don`t set as well and need some help. But the leaf curl won`t hurt. I will take a pic this evening of a neighbors tomato plant that has curled like crazy but is producing as normal.

3. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

Didn`t have time to go to the neighbors so took a pic of mine that didn`t get the epsom salts. Its not as easy to see mine since I dont stake them but look at these and see the curl, and what its producing !! Its not as bad as last year though. These are later tomatoes.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from mart's Garden )

Advertisement
  5. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thanks Mart, I can see what you mean. I guess I don't have worry about those that are already fruiting. :)

6. mart

mart Strong Ash

Just give them time !!

7. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

We have done all we could and I guess that is all we can do now.