Holidays are coming!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by marlingardener, Oct 13, 2015.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

With the USA's Thanksgiving, and with Christmas coming soon, we can start putting by cans of vegetables, dried beans, etc. for those who may have a little less to be thankful for, or to celebrate at Christmas. Those who depend on food pantries and charities to supplement their holiday meals really need those of us who have enough.
    If you can, and if the mood moves you, please donate a little extra to the food pantries at this time of year. You don't need to spend a lot--shop sales, use coupons, and think how much an extra can of green beans or a turkey you got on sale for 77 cents a pound would mean to someone who didn't have the means to add to their holiday meal.
    Happy holidays to y'all!

fatbaldguy and zuzu's petals like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Kiasmum
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Melody Mc.
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

our area always has someone collecting can goods/etc. for the needy. We just had a group drop a bag off on our mailbox this week for another round of donations. We can't donate turkeys, only canned goods /boxes of food.

marlingardener likes this.
  4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We collect toys for childrens homes and hospitals as well as clothing and food. Our local supermarkets run continual food collection points so that no matter what time of year it is the people who need help will be able to get it. They even run collections in our pet stores so that the animals aren't forgotten either.

5. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

I have more fun shopping for people I don't know then the ones I do. We always find a way to help those less fortunate especially around the holidays. One year we adopted a family of 4 children for Christmas. They all got new winter coats and boots as well as to many toys. Last year we adopted a troop In Afganistan. All my family and friends helped out and we were able to send 14 boxes of socks, personnel products, and lots of goodies to eat. I think we will do it again this year. Giving is such a win win situation.