I can feel my arteries hardening......

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Ronni, Feb 19, 2017.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

........but man, it was SO worth it!!!

Real Chicago deep dish pie. From the locals' most highly recommended place, Giordano's. I'm not used to pizza with the tomato sauce on TOP of everything. Nor it being 2 inches thick. Nor having the crust be more like the most delicious pie crust you ever tasted!! I am completely spoiled now...I will never look at pizza the same way again!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Jewell, LIcenter, Frank and 1 other person like this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Gosh Ronni just looking at that pie and I think I've put on a couple of pounds!! :eek: I'm not a big pizza lover but I'd be sorely tempted to try a piece of that Chicago deep dish. Whether I'd be able to move afterwards though would be another story.:p

4. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Eileen I know!! I was stuffed after that first slice! We each had one piece, then had them package it up so we could bring it home with us. I'm not a huge pizza fan either, but the Deep Dish is what Chicago is famous for so you know I wasn't going to leave till I had me some! ;) And y'know, even though pizza is not my favorite, this was unlike any pizza I've ever had. It was to die for!! I'm just grateful that there isn't a Giordano's in Nashville, or I'd very quickly be 50 pounds heavier!!! :eek:

5. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

I don't think I've ever seen a "deep dish" pizza like that before in my life.

Looks delicious :) and even from here I can tell it was super filling and super deeelicious too :) :)

Advertisement
  6. LIcenter

LIcenter In Flower

Whoa! Instant hunger pangs just set in. Wonder what it would cost to have one delivered to Long Island. :)

7. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

:D Thinking it would probably be cheaper to just go getchoo one! :p It's a 12 hour drive, some nice scenery along the way, the weather's right for it. I say GO FOR IT, and post more delicious pictures!!! ;)

8. LIcenter

LIcenter In Flower

Ahh A nice quiet 12 hour drive. Think I'll use the van, as it will hold more. Plus that 12 hour trip back, I might need a short nap.

Ronni likes this.
  9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Wow, I love pizza but I've never seen one like THAT! I'd be in Heaven!

10. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Pizza Rusticana.jpg
    This is a pizza rusticana a la napolitana, the original of the Chicago deep-dish. It has all sorts of great ingredients--three cheeses, four meats, and herbs. There isn't any tomato sauce, just chopped tomatoes incorporated into the filling. The rusticana is about 2" thick and has a firm but flaky crust. It's so rich that we can only manage one slice apiece, so we have to line friends up to take the rest. It's a pizza party!

Henry Johnson and eileen like this.