I wanna be a Calico!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by marlingardener, Sep 29, 2010.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I came in from walking six acres of pasture lugging about 15 lbs. of mesquite killer in my sprayer, hot, dirty, sticky, and feeling like every grasshopper and spider had taken a ride on me, and saw Feliz, our calico cat. She was in her basket, half-upside down with her little chin in the air and that kitty smile on her face, with her paws tucked under her chin, sound asleep with the breeze ruffling her tummy fur. I still had about three hours of chores ahead of me, and she had three hours of nap time, interrupted by din-dins.
    I wanna be a Calico!

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. bethie
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Gizmo
      Replies:
      Views:

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

That does sound like a better way to spend the day than what you got stuck with ;)

4. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I want to see a picture of her! She sounds adorable! :p

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Please, photo. :D I know the feeling. I tug around soil bags, sand buckets, rocks and wet newspapers, and the cats just raise their heads slowly or just open one eye just a tad and wonder why I'm in such a hurry all the time. :D

Advertisement
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Here's a photo of Feliz, the wonder cat.

[​IMG]
    naptime, which is most of the day ( photo / image / picture from marlingardener's Garden )
    When she isn't in her basket or on the foot of the bed, she likes to rest on her footstool in front of the windows and sunbathe. If we had known how big she would get, we would have made a bigger footstool! She came to us on Christmas Day as a starving six-month-old kitten, wandering down the alley, mewing pitifully. That pitiful mewing got her a life of luxury!

7. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Awww, good for you for rescuing her!!! :-D I wish more people would do that. Did Feliz come from Feliz Navidad on Christmas day?

8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Yes, that's the origin of her name. We thought that "Navidad" was a little pushy, even for a cat! She has been the best Christmas present we ever got. My husband says that he's so glad we did whatever we did to deserve her, and he's doubly glad we only did it once!