Info on starting seeds indoors for the coming season

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by chesleylady, Jan 24, 2009.

1. chesleylady

chesleylady New Seed

hello, I'm new here...I am starting my own garden centre this year and I'm still kind of new to planting..I have about 200,000 seeds and I need a good site that will tell me when to plant them indoors and when to transfer them outside...any help will be grateful...Thanks

Robin

2. Loading...

3. weeds n seeds

weeds n seeds Seedling

Just noticed your post: 200,000 seeds, WOW! For quick, easy basics of time to plant varieties/transplant outside, may I suggest you use a Gardening By The Moon calender (can be purchased at: www.gardeningbythemoon.com) printed expressly for your growing zone. Another helpful aid is getting a seed catalogue from HPS (Horticultural Products and Services @ www.hpsseed.com), using their invaluable information in regards to planting schedules, germination times, heat required for best seed germination and..most importantly!..growing periods required to get plants up to saleable size!
    For other information on insect infestations, diseases of plants, etc., research any of the University's sites to gain knowledge in regards to problems you definately WILL face somewhere along the line growing this many plants.
    Wishing you the very BEST of luck, Weeds n Seeds

4. newgrow

newgrow Seedling

http://www.thegardenhelper.com/vegtips.html

Not sure how to make a link but you can just copy and paste in your web browser.

This should help quit a bit for you I hope. It is pretty general so it may need to be tweaked a bit for your zone. Good luck on everything and happy growing.

5. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Most places will tell you if you want something early, plant 6 to 8 weeks before the last frost.

Read the pkts or pick up any catalog , even on here it will tell you say go to Shumway and read the pages, or Henry field or Gurneys..

b