Jerky cutting board

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by carolyn, Dec 5, 2014.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Does anyone have a jerky cutting board? or used one? My Adrian got a deer last night and I was going to make some jerky for him, but I was hoping to make it a little easier somehow and I ran a cross the instructions in the jerky kit that showed a jerky cutting board.. now I do think that would be a fabulous investment for the project, but you all know how that is... You "need" something only to find out it wasn't quite a necessary as you thought... what is your experience? any at all or none?

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I just saw one of these in the Cabella's flyer and wondered what it was! I'll be following this thread as my son loves jerky :)

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Adrian said he would make me one. I can sacrifice a cutting board for the project. The cost is a bit high for the few times I will need it, but if he can rig one together I'll be happy. I'll post a pic if he gets it together.

5. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Well my dear. It seems that you have helped me with another thing for my Christmas list. I have always used my deli electric slicer. I had to search your special cutting board. I found that is really really is special.

I have already emailed Santa, who is not 4 feet from me, as I speak. Hopefully, he realizes how wonderful that item is. It is perfect for when I make jerky.

I realize that I have not helped you but I thank you for exposing me to this.

carolyn likes this.

Advertisement
  6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Well, Santa just found it on Amazon for $40 with knife. Good you are getting a home made one. My Santa will buy me one. He saved so much money building our chicken coop out of pallets how can I complain...... :rolleyes: :p :p

Nice product. Thanks.

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

You are welcome, Barb. I saw a couple of them and one was metal and had rails. I think it was from sausage makers.com. it had two removable inserts to make different thicknesses for the jerky. Hopefully mine will be done shortly or I am going to freeze the roasts and do them later.