Just look at this rascal!!

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Gardengirl, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

We were wondering whether to put our Christmas tree up this year as Toby is such an adventurous kitten. Anyway, we took the chance and decorated it with 400 lights and all the trimmings. At first he was a little wary of it so we thought we might be ok....but oh no, the following day I was fishing him out of it over and over again!! He was not only playing with the hanging baubles but more worrying hs was biting at the little lights. So for his own safety we have had to forego our Christmas tree which is a shame because to me it is the hilight of the decorations, but Toby's safety comes first so the tree and trimmings are now back in the loft :(

[​IMG]
    What a rascal! ( photo / image / picture from Gardengirl's Garden )

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. eileen
      Replies:
      Views:

3. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

OH NO!!! That boy is mischievous!!! That's a great pic.... gave me a laugh this a.m.

4. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

I love my tree and decorations too, but I would have done the same. We have Kizzie this year, but she has been really good with the tree. I have some safe ornaments at the bottom and she bats those around, but so far has left the rest alone.

5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

We had the same problem when Boots was small...she toppled the tree on several occasions. We finally got wise and tied the tree up, and squirted the cat with water when ever she tried to climb the tree. She still likes to lay under the tree, but doesn't try to climb it anymore.

Advertisement
  6. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

What a good idea Netty, I will try that next year if he is still up to his old tricks.

7. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

Love the photo, he is a cute little guy. sorry you could not enjoy your tree. :smt114

8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hurmphff! Aren't kittens just the most mischevious animals around? It seemed like our cats stayed in their 'childhood' stage for YEARS! Sometimes even now I think that they are not adults, just oversized pubers. They cause me to sigh more than once a day, I'll tell you that.

Anyway--yes, ole Toby sure looks cute in there amongst the branches and baubles.

p.s. I hope that you're feeling better now.

9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Cheeky little imp!! :p I have to admit though that he does look rather cute playing in the tree. :-D Netty's idea is a good one so maybe next year you'll get to keep your tree up over the festive season.

10. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

He is a cute little rascal in that tree.I'm sorry you don't get to enjoy
    your tree.

11. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Kittys just love to climb the trees. Orange you can see the best..

Thanks for sharing the cutie..

Oh
    Merry christmas anyways.

b

12. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

He is the cutest little critter ;) I keep an eye on StratCat because she likes to chew on wires too! It really worries me. We use the "Water Gun" method in our house for EVERYTHING!!! She gets squirted when she is clawing my chair, when she is tearing up the blinds, when she is beating up the dog... :rolleyes:

13. kate

kate In Flower

Cute kitty!

:D

14. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I am trying to keep mine from going up the tree...I don't dare leave him alone with it or he might make it to the top. Mine knows he shouldn't be in the tree so he runs when i try to get him out...Great picture.

15. sespegal

sespegal New Seed

Terrific picture, how cute...! I recall a Christmas a number of years ago, when a mouse decided that our tree was just the right place for him to take up residence.

The cats quickly caught on and were forever trying to catch the little dude.

I never could catch him either and I don't know if he finally exited the house because the cats never did catch him and somehow my tree survived.

16. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Haha, what a sweetie! :D We've tied the tree up for years, primarily because of the girls but also because of the cats. I'm hoping this year that both girls and cats will stay away from the tree, but it's a futile hope I guess. :D