Kiwi - Sun and trellis questions

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by HerbGod15, May 22, 2011.

1. HerbGod15

HerbGod15 New Seed

So today I got two Kiwi plants. One male and one female. What would be the best spot to put it in terms of sun and I got a trellis and the worker at Jerry's said to make the female go over the male on the trellis? Thanks, Ken. Oh, it says zone 7-9 and I'm in zone 7b.

2. Loading...

3. DMJ24

DMJ24 Seedling

I have neber seen kiwi plants or seeds. I bought a kiwi and harvested the seeds. My planter seems to have disappeared. Happened once before. A few years ago a norfolk pine disappeared. let us know about your kiwi adventure!

4. whistler

whistler Seedling

In 1998 I bought 2 kiwi plants - male and female, or so they said at the garden center. How do they know? I planted them facing south so pretty much full sun. We had a trellis and they grew wonderfully for many years. Looked healthy lots of foliage but never any kiwis. Maybe I had 2 of a kind? We sold that house in 2004 and as we were moving out in April I thought that one plant might finally be producing some kiwis. I really have no way of knowing if they produced kiwis or it was a false alarm. I've been resisting my husband's efforts to buy some more kiwi plants for our current house! Good luck!