Looking for a knitting pattern

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by EJ, Oct 10, 2010.

1. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

I was wondering if any of you knitters out there had a pattern for a hat similar to this piccy.

http://s6.thisnext.com/media/largest_di ... 0DF12E.jpg

Number one daughter and I spotted a little knitted owl handbag when we were last out shopping, and she would love one but at £16 I was sure I could knit one and put it in her Christmas stocking. I found this image of an owl hat which I could easily adjust, but I can't find a pattern for something similar. It doesn't have to be an owl, just a pattern with the pointy up bits. I will keep looking, but just in case one of you have a pattern to hand, I thought I would ask.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

4. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Thanks Eileen...I might be able to play around with the second one. Honestly, there are a trillion free knitting patterns out there, just not the one I want! :)

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Typical isn't it - the one pattern you want and it's never available. :rolleyes:

6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

It looks like the hat's made like a tube that you sow up on top. The eyes seem chrocheted and sown on. The beak could be a knitted triangle sown together and mounted on the hat. The edge at the bottom is just a rolled-up piece of the tube, probably fastened with a few stitches.

I love the design. If I had the time and inclination I might try to duplicate it.