Looking for qualitie electric garage door opener?

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by jannes, Oct 7, 2019.

1. jannes

jannes New Seed

Hello,
    I am looking for a qualitie electric garage door opener. In the hardware store, I found some devices that cost less than 100 €. But I think for that price I can not expect much from them. I would rather pay a bit more money and buy me a quality garage door opener that will serve me a few years. That's why I am here to hear your opinions. Which electric garage door opener would you recommend?

2. Loading...

3. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

I have always had a LiftMaster with no issues at all for years and years

Dirtmechanic likes this.
  4. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

These days all the machines are so cheap I would look toward comfort. If you are young enough to have a cell phone and wifi, a geofenced opener would be nice and in the same price range.

5. markoo

markoo New Seed

A few years ago, I was also looking for a quality garage door opener. Have visited all sorts of shops in the city and found nothing good. Then I decided to check it out on the internet and after a long search, I found the Genie ChainMax 1000 - I read the description and saw right away that this product would be just right for me. I got it delivered in just 2 days to my home address. The installation, as well as its assembly, had taken no more than 2 hours. As far as the drive is concerned, it is also very quiet. You can slightly hear the running of the chain what can not be prevented. The speed is also very acceptable and not too slow. All in all, I'm still using the garage door opener and I'm really happy with it.

Advertisement
  6. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

I have had a genie commercial unit (12ft) running for 20+ years now.

7. azikormaz

azikormaz New Seed

In your place, I would buy an electric remote opener, of course, if you have Wi-fi at home and if you have a smartphone. I also use LiftMaster and I can tell that it's good enough. I have used it for two years and there were no problems with it. Also, it's quite cheap. Anyway, if you want good quality electric garage door opener that will serve you for 10 years, for example, I think you should pay more than 100 €. Of course, it would be difficult to find it, but it's possible, you can ask someone you know who works at carport companies, they should know.

8. azikormaz

azikormaz New Seed

Has anyone tried it as well?

Last edited: Nov 25, 2021
  9. hoprah

hoprah New Seed

I agree with you, a 100 euro garage door opener won't work as well as a 500 euro one. If you are looking for a quality mechanism, I recommend buying a mechanism from Nice. They are one of the most famous manufacturers of drives in Europe. I recently replaced my garage door and installed such an automatic mechanism. By the way, if you are looking for doors too, I bought mine at https://doorsdirect2u.co.uk/product-category/garage-doors/. You can buy a door opener from the most popular Nice products like the Nice HOPP/OKO, Nice Robus, and Nice Gate. They are all very reliable devices and will work for many years even without repair.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021