Matching paint colours to marble fittings

Discussion in 'Choosing Colors' started by elisa, Oct 17, 2006.

1. elisa

elisa New Seed

I have a large, light grey marble Victorian fireplace in my living room, which I am about to decorate. Are there any colours other than white or grey that I could use to paint the walls? Or is it safest to stick with white? I am reluctant to paint the room white, but have no idea what else I can match to that grey veined marble... help!

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I think a paint with just a touch of colour could look good Elisa - maybe pale lemon (always lovely with grey) or a hint of pink or blue. Let us know what you decide to choose won't you?

4. windowb

windowb New Seed

I would try something that would create some contrast. Color is always nice like Eileen mentioned. It is too often the case that we are scared to be bold, we always stick with the neutral "safe" colors. I know that we don't always have it in us to do that, but it's worth a thought.
    I would be interested in knowing what you decide on.

5. Rebecca

Rebecca New Seed

be bold

What other colors do you have in the room, or in the rest of your house? I would be bold in picking color - maybe a turquoise, or burgundy as an accent on the wall with the fireplace, and then a lighter, neutral color (light gray?) on the rest of the walls. And definately a white ceiling to balance it all and keep the room light.

Advertisement
  6. DiDi

DiDi New Seed

Victorian

Colours suited to such a style are green and white, to give you an accurate answer i would have to see or know what type of furnishings are presently in your interior and the colours.

If that is not possible, i suggest you rather play it safe and stick to neutral soft pastels, for example, soft greens on the walls and the ceiling white.

7. pnnetbuy

pnnetbuy New Seed

I never considered the pale lemon idea. I think that sounds pretty nice actually. I can understand why you wouldn't necessarily want to go for plain white but with proper other decorating it would look pretty good, I think.