Meet Caprina the Ferret

Discussion in 'Pets' started by toni, Dec 6, 2010.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Our youngest has been wanting a Ferret for quite a while, so she got an early christmas gift yesterday. She had applied to a Ferret rescue group for one, got approved so we went over there yesterday to pick the one she wanted. She is 1 year old, healthy, friendly and since we saw for ourselves yesterday that she doesn't like other Ferrets, an only child.

The name is just on paper, they couldn't care less what you call them because they are not going to respond to it anyway. Daughter is thinking about renaming her.

[​IMG]
    Daughters new Ferret ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Long, skinny and very curious ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

Frank, Droopy and wufflespring like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. WolfMom22
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Droopy
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

How cute!

4. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

How sweet - just look at those lovely eyes.
    It makes one want to hug them. :)
    Do ferrets make good pets?

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

My daughter has three ferrets Toni. Yin, Yang and Buck - all castrated males. They respond to their names and behave just like puppies. She's trained them to stand and wait for their food until she tells them they can have it and they 'fetch' balls and other toys when asked to. I think ferrets are marvelous pets especially for children over five years of age. When the weather clears I'll get some photographs of them all for you.

Advertisement
  6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

She's lovely. :D Congratulations! I wouldn't own one myself but I'll happily spoil my friends' ferrets if allowed to.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Netty, she is a cutie and still tiny compared to a couple of others we were playing with at the rescue lady's house, stays in daughter's room mostly until she gets settled in, the rest of the house is definitely not Ferret safe.

Palmtree, my oldest daughter also has one that they were given by a friend who was moving and had to downsize the number of furry friends she had.

Eileen, I'll tell her about name training her. She has been learning about them from a couple of friends and that never came up. I know she is clicker training her, easier to click than holler her name. She loves to train animals, did a fantastic job on our Field Spaniel, so teaching Caprina to fetch and stay will be fun for her.

Droopy, I don't particularly want one either but will do my part to spoil her just like with grandkids....except for the chocolate chip waffles and ice cream.

8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

What an interesting animal--I wish one was living in the lotties to keep down the mice and rabbit populations.

9. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

She is a cutie :-D

10. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

I think Ferrets are interesting critters. I have never really spent much time around them. You'll have to keep us updated on her antics!