Mixing Espresso wood and black leather

Discussion in 'Choosing Colors' started by chardy3000, Sep 11, 2007.

1. chardy3000

chardy3000 New Seed

Hi everyone,
    I am new here and need some advice for my new house.

My house is very modern, with natural maple hardwood, light walls, etc. I have a black leather sectional and the feet on it, and a little part on the front of the arm is in a dark espresso wood colour.

My dining room chairs are white and black leather (alternating). I am looking at dining room tables, and I found a great one from Mobilia, but the base is, again, a dark espresso wood colour.

It doesn't look at all bad with the sectional(likely because it's such a small accent), but do you think a black/white/espresso combination would look bad? I am worried that the table, being so large) might look out of place beside white and *real* black.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi chardy3000 and welcome to the site. Is it possible to see a photo (or three) to get a visual of your interior? It would help us throw out ideas and opinions immensely. Thanks!

3. chardy3000

chardy3000 New Seed

re:

Thanks - good idea!

Here is the sectional I have...
    [​IMG]

... the chairs I have...
    [​IMG]

...and the table I'm considering

[​IMG]

any help would be appreciated - especially tables that may be better suited to the style.

As mentionned, the room will have light maple floors and light walls, and white curtains.

Thanks a lot!