My garden is full !!

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by dooley, Mar 29, 2011.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

My garden is full. The front yard is next, I think. I still have the summer squash and some cherry tomatoes to plant.
    In my garden (12 ft x 20 ft) I have planted and mulched 14 tomato plants, 8 pepper plants, four jalapeno and 4 sweet banana, 3 eggplant, 2 Japanese long purple, one white, about a dozen cucumbers, some will climb the fence, some are bush type, 60 sweet onion sets, a short row of pole beans along one fence, 11 climbing rose bushes along three side fences, some iris's that Toni sent me and some pots of marigolds and petunias and some nastursiums. Do you think I will be able to walk in it when things start to grow?
    I still have the zucchini and yellow summer squash and some tomatoes that I planted from seed that will need to go somewhere. I do have a little 10x10 spot where I can put things but it's shady most of the time. It does get some afternoon sun.
    I'll need to water it quite a lot this summer because it's still pretty dry here.
    I still have lettuce and spinach and kale and swiss chard in tubs and have herbs in pots or tubs. I think I must be about done planting stuff, except for flowers.
    dooley

2. Loading...

3. DirtyDigits

DirtyDigits New Seed

Good GRAVY Dooley! I'm exhausted after reading all that! When everything starts growing I'd LOVE to see some pics please.

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I am working on posting pictures. So far, they are either too big or too small. I'll read the instruction book some more. I finished planting the zucchini and yellow summer squash this afternoon and now it's rest time. I did water most everything and now it's starting to drizzle a bit so maybe we'll get some rain tonight.
    dooley

5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Geez Dooley... hope you left a little trail so you can get in there! I hope you get some of that rain... I'm wishing for it too.

Advertisement
  6. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Well Dooley, looks like you need rest and some rain. We can all hope for rain. You can, however, take a rest. Good luck figuring the software as we are all wanting to see garden pictures. Put a chair out near the garden and rest every so often.

Jerry

7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I am quite certain that you won't have anywhere to put your feet when that lot starts growing! :D Well done!

8. mart

mart Strong Ash

Don`t know about yopu Dooley but our part of Texas is bone dry !! I am already having to water the fruit trees !! We better pray for rain !!