My New Nursery Area ~

Discussion in 'Garden Design' started by zuzu's petals, Jun 21, 2007.

1. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

:D Not to worry, B.

I used to be quite athletic, in my not-quite-forgotten-youth,
    and, being naturally clumsy, :rolleyes: I injured myself more than once.
    now I just have to move a little slower and more carefully, ;)
    and make things easier on myself wherever I can.

Anyway, I think you made a really good point, about maximizing the space, :-D
    and for anyone looking for ideas on how to put together their own nursery area,
    your suggestion might be a better option for them.

Sharon ~ No, not acres and acres, by any means, :) not nearly an acre, even.
    I've never actually done the math, but what we have amounts to three 55' x 110' lots,
    arranged in an L-shape.

Our home sat on two lots when we bought it 20 years ago,
    and about 10 years later we were lucky enough to be able to buy a third lot,
    which abutted our property from behind. That's where we built the garage/studio.
    So the driveway to our garage is on the next street over . . . if that makes any sense. :-?

I often wish it were bigger, but then I would definitely need some heavy-duty,
    large, expensive machinery, and a crew of tireless gardeners to do my bidding. :D

Ahhhhhhhhhh, but a gal can dream, right?

2. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

zuzu.............thanks , I needed that.

Zuzu.

YOur great .....Just keep on chugging and have fun your own style......Your life and your flowers.
    They are sure fun to .Floweres in bloom.

Doesnt matter how you do it, just do it ..Nice of hubby to help..

b

3. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

ZuZu, I have bigger and it is hard for us to keep up, the back is overgrown where the incompetent people who cleared our land pushed up all the brush and tree tops, under beautiful oaks where it can't be burned. If I didn't have to work and could be here to help Richard it would be better. Some of his meds don't allow him to be in direct sunlight for long periods at a time. But like you we just plug along and do what we can do.

4. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

Do little things...........

:oops:

Cajunbelle,

Do little things to make yourselfs happy.. They make a huge impact on your life.. I did something little for my brother/wife for flowers.
    I took a huge plastic flower pot, and planted all sorts of plants in it .. Tall in the middle and a nice variety, of all kinds......
    Took it up and They were elated ......They dont have lots of room in town, so I said just put it by the garage door and it will work the same...
    She is elderly also and had a potty chair, she had planted a flower in it.. Ha ha.
    She said it was just sitting there doing nothing..Ha ha .........I laughed hard.

b

Advertisement