My Pepper Obsession!

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by S-H, Mar 2, 2024.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Here I'll share with you all my never ending obsession with chili peppers of all type!

The yellow bell pepper plant (3rd picture) hasn't matured enough yet. But the rest have already started giving me what I desire!

CustomName1.jpg CustomName2.jpg CustomName3.jpg CustomName4.jpg CustomName5.jpg

Odif, Frank, Pacnorwest and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Clay_22

Clay_22 In Flower

I understand your obsession - I'm growing 18 different types myself.

Odif, Sjoerd, Daniel W and 1 other person like this.
  4. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

Your peppers are looking great!

My pepper seedlings are due for their first repottings this weekend. Making progress!

:)

last year I tried overwintering a half dozen plants. It was a lot of effort due to i sect problems, but I succeeded in overwintering Thai, Tabasco, JalapeƱo, Serrano, and Cayenne. However, my newly started plants mostly did as well or better than my overwintered plants, so this year they are all newly started.

Pacnorwest, Odif, S-H and 1 other person like this.
  5. Odif

Odif Young Pine

We have about 15 Thai peppers that we overwintered.

Pacnorwest and S-H like this.

Advertisement
  6. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Starting to turn red now. Looking amazing, a little after sunrise over here. The more red it'll become, the sweeter it's taste. As well as more packed with vitamins.

Will save all the seeds for later, (as always).

1709864999736_copy_1008x2296.jpg

Pacnorwest likes this.
  7. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Your pepper pics are making me hungry, they look so good.

S-H likes this.
  8. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I'm going to order Bhoot Jolokia seeds today. So when they grow, it'll be amazing to see how they'll give to some of the hottest peppers in the world!

Screenshot_20240308-120830.jpg

Pacnorwest likes this.
  9. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

The progress this far...

1710483102963_copy_1008x2296.jpg 1710483134431_copy_1008x2296.jpg 1710483176559_copy_1008x2296.jpg 1710483201508_copy_1008x2296.jpg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
    Frank and Pacnorwest like this.
  10. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

S-H Beautiful assortment of peppers. Impressive size and look ready to pick. Yummmm! Huge close up picks just wanna take a bite outta one.

S-H likes this.
  11. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I've ordered Bhoot Jolokia seeds too. So once they start growing in my garden, I'll have something of extreme heat. Also ordering Habanero - Jalapeno unfortunately I haven't had much success with, but I'll still not give up trying. Baby Birds Eye chili seeds are proving to be very difficult to come by. But I'm not going to stop looking...

So by the same time next year, I think I'll have more amazing pictures and seeds to share!

My aim is to come up with my own types of different hot sauces, (without any chemical preservatives) - Something which will add a burst of color to an otherwise mundane black & white world. A bit like this Thai song.

:D

Last edited: Mar 15, 2024
    Pacnorwest likes this.
  12. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

The moment I pick all the ripe chilies off - A week later the plant, (as if it's both stubborn and angry), gives more flowers! Like it's saying, pick all you can, you still can't stop me from producing more!

1711685212140_copy_1008x1579.jpg

Pacnorwest likes this.
  13. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

These should become yellow bell peppers, (I hope).

1712024405832_copy_1008x2296.jpg

Pacnorwest likes this.
  14. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

The other night I watched a popular cop investigation tv show called CSI (Crime scene investigation). The entire plot was the investigation on how the victim was killed . The investigation followed thru out the entire episode until a small stem from the hottest pepper in existence was found near the victim. This discovery lead to the cause of death. A blood test showed an extract of capsaicin a neurotoxin was injected in the victims vein , causing hemorrhaging and stroke. A macabre ending, which is usually the science part of the episode all evidence tested by lab technicians . Who would have ever imagined anything so evil. Total surprise ending.

S-H likes this.
  15. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I recently have ordered Bhut Jolokia ghost pepper seeds. See this link:

https://www.gardenstew.com/threads/your-seeds-for-2024.44858

And here is the story of the world's hottest pepper. And how to extract capsicum:

https://www.gardenstew.com/threads/story-of-the-worlds-hottest-chili-pepper.44836

Yes, we get all the latest TV shows and movies over here too. So yeah, I know CSI TV show very well also - However don't take everything in such programs too literally, as they are after all made for entertainment only, (TV show will get pulled off the air if it started to give genuine ideas to actual criminals)...

Same story with my childhood favorite TV show of all time in the 80s, MacGyver - It too looked amazing at the time. But hardly anything featured in that show stood any chance of working correctly in the real world. Still fun to watch through, but not to take too seriously.

Does anyone remember these 2 characters from the Get Smart TV show? Agent Maxwell Smart and agent 99... Yeah, exactly, nobody till today (specially no "secret agent") has been seen talking to a cellphone embedded into their shoes...

:rofl:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 2, 2024
    Pacnorwest likes this.
  16. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Oh yes remember .

S-H likes this.