Mystery seedlings

Discussion in 'Plant ID' started by AAnightowl, Jun 20, 2011.

1. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

I planted these seeds a month or so ago, and they are doing nicely. I remember they are perennials and will be tall. But the seed packet blew away, and I cannot find in my notes what I planted in these flats. I think I wrote it down, but me and papers do not get along very well... :oops: Some I have already planted in my flower beds and most of those are fine. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]
    I forgot what seeds I planted here ??? ( photo / image / picture from AAnightowl's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Can you take a closeup of one of the plants since they are all alike and embed it into the post. The photos are larger then and easier to see.

4. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

That is a close up for me. I cant see enough to get it better.

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

could they be dianthus?

Advertisement
  6. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

I know that I planted some dianthus, but don't recall where... Some of my dianthus [a small variety] I planted in my pink birdcage. It is barely sprouted though. Dianthus won't bloom until the 2d year, will it ?

I also have creeping seedum in there as it doesnt mind the shallowness for its roots, or occasional dry spells if I forget to water it weekly.

7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Yes AA, Normally, they are a biennial. I have a bed full that bloom every year, I assume they have just reseeded themselves and have a continuous cycle going on. So if that's what you have started there, put them somewhere where you won't disturb them and let them grow for next years blooms.

8. AAnightowl

AAnightowl Young Pine

I will put them in my berry patch, and in my 'fish pond' bed. It was supposed to be a fish pond [never had water nor a single fish in it], but the kids could not dig there due to a layer called deadpan--not soil and not rock, but hard as rock. I have it filled with compost now, so it should be ok. A lot of other flowers are growing there. I was thinking of that flower bed with all the wisteria that I want to remove in the fall... I will have to carefully dig up my irises and tiger lilies and other plants there before I try to remove the wisteria from it.