Neem Oil success as an insecticide??

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by carolyn, Jun 5, 2011.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Has anyone used Neem Oil for anything, if so, on/for what, Did it work for the specific problem that you were targeting?

I have used it and was wondering what anyone else's thought are on the product.

2. Loading...

3. cindjo717

cindjo717 Seedling

I find that it is not like a chemical where you spray it on and watch the bugs just drop off.. It takes time and gradually you will realize that there are much less of them. I have an Aphid problem right now and had run out of Neem. So last week I did a dose, the last of it on my gardens. I just got it in the mail today, so I will probably do it tomorrow early evening.. It looks like it might rain in a little while otherwise I would do it tonight. I think it works, you just have to give it time. No automatic results.

4. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

What exactly is "Neem Oil" and where do you find it? I'm wondering if I need to buy some of this stuff :-o

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Neem Oil is an organic insecticide pressed from the the Neem tree. It is supposed to be a very effective product for protecting your crops, vegetable or flowers, from insects, or fungus. it is not harmful to benificials or earthworms. It is used to repel spiders and termites around the house. It is also used as a health and beauty product. You can find it in skin products, it is used for ringworm, fungal infections etc. Google it and read more. It seems to be a very interesting product.

Advertisement
  6. cindjo717

cindjo717 Seedling

7. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Wow! Sounds awesome! :-D

8. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Thanks cindjo. I appreciate the link.