NEEM TREE - UN's Tree of the 21st Century

Discussion in 'Trees, Shrubs and Roses' started by S-H, Aug 9, 2011.

1. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

This is an interesting thread and utube video. Per video- Power to the Green Revolution. Neem won a global trial.

S-H thanks for directing this article my way. Nice to see what a neem tree looks like.

So much to learn and understand about neem trees. Now is a good time to search for neem tree seedlings. Unfortunately in zone 8 they are not cold hardy enough, would luv to add it to my tree collection. Sounds very beneficial and beautiful. I could try to keep a neem tree in a large pot and bring inside during winter. Just a thought.

S-H likes this.
  2. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Yes, I think you can keep it in a big container, (with caster wheels) - And sure, you can bring it inside during winter.

However the easier solution would be to build a climate controled greenhouse around it. So it can grow big.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  3. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

I have used neem oil a lot for fungus diseases and i sects in my garden. One needs to be careful - I've caused leaf burn on seedlings and roses. But it does do a great job most of the time, and is natural.

Pacnorwest and S-H like this.
  4. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

You must be using it in too high a concentration. So dilute it by 50% and see if the leaf burn stops.

Daniel W and Pacnorwest like this.

Advertisement