New Home!!!

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by hummerbum, May 10, 2017.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Well---how about that! The rose and elephant ear plants are odd companions in a pot, I find...but they seem happy. I can tell that you are MORE than happy with this result. Heck meid, is there anything that you can't grow?
    What a successful gardener you are.

hummerbum likes this.
  2. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Lol...thanks Sjoerd!! Yep that rose bush and elephant ears pot was made up quite a few years ago, about the time I really started with garden stew. I was looking for a place after our other site shutdown..i forgot the name of it. I lost a lot of pictures on that site. Oh wait..it was on Better homes and garden website....Marlingarder and i think Eileen and Carolyn were on that site also. Could be wrong. But yes those two plants together were a surprise for me and of course both just got better...i just added coleus and a margarita sweet potato vine to that pot after I took the shot..can Wait to see the colors from that!! I guess I'm beginning to do the same for my plants, as I do when I cook..never measure and just put things together that I think will taste good.
    Sjoerd..my best shot was on that previous site..it was a wooden chair that I found with no bottom. I had a wash tub with a Japanese maple growing in it. I put the chair over the maple so it looked like the tree was growing out of the chair. Then I planted 2 margarita (lime) sweet potato vines in the tub. Oh man..you should have see the colors at the end of summer...those vines sprawled wayyyyy outside the tub on the ground like a huge skirt and the color of the maple against that was just spectacular. Everyone who come into the yard was in awww of that tub and what was around and in it!! My children still talk about that to this day!! I love putting together what I can visualize will look good!! Thank you for noticing!!

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

Yes ! The tomatoes are fine,,I am the one that is shocked at how fast they grew.
    Glad you got a new home for the tomatoes and you. Looks like all the plants love it !

Sjoerd and hummerbum like this.
  4. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Thank you Mart. Yes they seem to love it so far. I know that i do.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I read with great interest about the combinations that you have made in the past. It is so impressive...of course the result is the important thing and it sounds like you have outdone yourself a couple of times.
    What sort of feeding schedule to you use with the combined planting?

6. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Thanks Sjoerd...truthfully it used to be on a regular schedule quite a few years ago
    .but now its about once a year. I am going to do better now that i can properly care for them.
    Elephant ears are one of my favorite plants.
    If i.can remember correctly...they blossomed for the first time last year..surprised the heck out of me. This pot, I'm surprised they did not take last year.