New Scams Of 2024!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by S-H, Mar 13, 2024.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Have a friend who got scammed a while back, and the trickster got away with it too... So I think I now owe it to everyone else I know everywhere, (including you all fine people over here) - To make everyone aware of some of the most common tricks scammers try these days.

Therefore please be aware, stay informed, and never ever become a victim of such evil people...

This nine and a half minute long video below will explain sone of it in detail.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
    Willowisp0801, Logan and Pacnorwest like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Daniel W

Daniel W Young Pine

These scams are terrible. I refuse to answer my cellphone unless it comes from a number in my contacts list. They can always leave a voice mail so I can screen the call.

Texts are bad too. I never respond to any text that isnt in my contacts list. I delete and block them. Often, there is a real-looking text from Amazon or the postal service. I delete, block, and report as spam.

I have given money to some voting campaigns. The spam was so bad - often multiple calls and texts every day. I wont say which party or candidate, I think they all do that. It took years to get them to stop.

Willowisp0801, S-H and Pacnorwest like this.
  4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

You can report scam calls to Federal Trade Commission (U.S. only) at reportfraud.ftc.gov or to your local law enforcement agency. I will answer the calls and thread that I will report them that usually stops the annoying calls.

S-H and Daniel W like this.
  5. Palustris

Palustris Young Pine

Amazon, Paypal et al have dedicated response addresses for phishing emails.
    In Britain you may report fraud to actionfraud.police.uk
    Phishing emails may be forwarded to report@phishing.gov.uk.

Pacnorwest, Daniel W and S-H like this.