Off season visitors

Discussion in 'Bird' started by marlingardener, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

When I was younger, my oldest son was maybe 18 months, we lived in Idaho. I remember we had to go back to Washington in the middle of winter, something we would never have done if it weren't an emergency. We decided; instead of cutting through the corner of Oregon (the Pendleton and usual route) it might be better to stay on the bigger freeways, so we went through Portland. It was so bad that year the rain would freeze when it hit the front window and that was with the defrost on full blast , there were semis off the road in the median. We had to stop about every 20 minutes or so to scrape the ice off the windshield to be able to see.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  2. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Glad you made it home ok…Driving in extreme weather is so scarey . Nothing like driving thru a blizzard in a corvette from Colo Springs to Denver . Even a seasoned snow driver with studded tires and positraction it was tricky. Never do that again. It was one of those things we had no choice.
    Recently got caught in the Columbia River Gorge in snow and icy condition. Just barely scooted thru before night hit.

Willowisp0801 likes this.
  3. Willowisp0801

Willowisp0801 In Flower

Yes, we had a little Toyota Corolla 5 speed back then. Back when every one knew how to drive a stick, it was the first 5 speed. We debated on that or the Jeep and decided on that because it got better gas mileage and CJ5 was soft top, we figured the Toy would be warmer. I never want to do that again. Even the ice storm in Texas was better than that drive.

Pacnorwest likes this.
  4. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Totally get it… it’s like the worst driving scariest experience in a life time and we both survived.

Willowisp0801 likes this.

Advertisement