Ordering Plants Online?

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by cherylad, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Coppice

Coppice In Flower

I live in the north, worse I also grow bonsai. Ordering woody plants online sometimes isn't a luxury--its all there is.

One place I might try before going online is your local farmers market. Here in Athens OH, my local FM had quite a few of the woody plant starts I was in search of.

2. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

I just planted Raspberries received from Jung's. They are in Wisconsin. The plants were in great shape upon arrival. Hopefully I haven't killed them.

Spring Hill mentioned previously is just up the road a piece. (20 minutes) They have lots of good stuff at their garden center. Many of their fields are visible from I-75, well tended and mown regularly.

White Flower Farm is in New England, quite pricey, but they will have some things not available elsewhere. Edit: I have ordered from them in the past. Bulbs mostly. The product was as described, the bulbs were huge in comparison to other retailers.

I'm trying to work up the courage to order from Dutch Gardens. Their catalogue always looks very nice.

FBG

3. Coppice

Coppice In Flower

I lived untill very recently in the north (like NH), so I wanted woody plants that lived in the north too.

St. Lawrence Nursery, lots of old apples on full sized feet.

OIKOS Tree Crops, a fair smattering of oaks, paw paw, juneberry, and nut trees.

Not quite as far north, but nice trees for bonsai. Evergreengardenworks.com

All have web sites. Shipped when they said they would, packed well. Give good ID's of the trees they sell. And are a reasonable value.