Paint Colors for Livingroom

Discussion in 'Choosing Colors' started by new home owner, Oct 13, 2008.

1. new home owner

new home owner New Seed

I have a new home and was wondering what color to paint the living room. The furniture is dark brown leather. I want something warm and inviting.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I found this website that may help you with choosing which colour for your livingroom NHO.

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=h ... cheme.html

Others will be along shortly to help you out I'm sure but I thought the link would give you some idea of what warm colours you could think about meantime.

WELCOME to GardenStew!! :-D

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

As usual my first question in response to this type of question is .... what color or colors do you like?
    Almost any color will go with brown and depending on the shade and tone they can create a comfy, warm room. But colors you like will add an extra dimension to the comfy, welcoming feeling.

Most of the warm comfy feeling in the livingroom will be acheived with the curtains, rugs, pillows and other accent pieces so the wall themselves could be tan/light brown color to be the background for the other colors.

If you would prefer your major color to be on the walls then take into consideration the size of the room and number of windows. Dark walls will require a coordinating but lighter color for the ceiling and all that color will make the room feel very small and confining. If you have a large picture window or several windows it probably won't be as bad unless you choose window treatments that are dark too.

Please share pictures of the room when you get it painted.