Pics from the garden tour last weekend!

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Netty, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Without further ado, here are some of my favourite photos from the garden tour my neighbour and I went on last weekend!
    The first 2 are the only 2 photos of veggie gardens on the whole tour. Kind of disappointing as I was looking for ideas/inspiration for my veggie garden. But these 2 were nice.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There were lots of gardens in forested yards, something I was jealous of as I have few trees and even fewer shade gardens!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I was completely smitten by this gorgeous hosta - h. 'Bridal Falls'
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some more mixed borders
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I think the most incredible plant I saw on the whole tour was this 'Pacific Giant' Delphinium. It had to be 10 ft tall! I have never seen anything like it!
    [​IMG]
    Those were my favourites from this years tour. I always come home feeling so inspired!

Jewell, Pacnorwest, Frank and 6 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Wonderful photographs. I almost felt as though I was there with you. Those 'Pacific Giant' Delphiniums are absolutely gorgeous.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Thank you for sharing the garden tour with us! The gardens were amazing, so colorful, so prolific, so well planned.

5. Logan

Logan Strong Ash

Thanks for sharing the photos, they're really colourful and a lot of shade gardens.

Netty, Melody Mc. and eileen like this.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Netty— it was still nice to see the two veggie plots in your group of foto’s. I was not too surprised though because I believe that flowers and bushes are more important to gardeners in North America generally speaking.

I could tell that hosts’s are a popular plant there, as several are featured in the varius pics. That ‘Bridal Falls’ does indeed look like a good one. Very attractive.

I enjoyed seeing the borders and what folks did with them. That giant Delphinium really was remarkable. I can tell that you had a great day, and it is easy to see how you were inspired. What a magnificent day you had. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your images here. I lurve a pic.

7. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

These are so beautiful Netty. What a fantastic way to spend a day. Thank you for sharing them. :)

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Thanks everyone, it was a great day out!
    Apparently you are correct about that Sjoerd, and I was disappointed that there weren't more on the tour.
    One gardener on the tour made use of a sunny spot in her driveway and felt grow bags for salsa ingredients. In them she grew tomatillos, peppers, tomatoes and leeks.
    [​IMG]
    I was raised by European parents, and Mom always had a big veggie garden. At work we have a large veggie garden as well, probably stemming from the English/Scottish roots of the family that owned the Estate. Big veggie gardens have always been kind of 'normal' to me, and moving to acreage was the perfect excuse to make a big veggie garden.

Sjoerd, Jewell, Pacnorwest and 2 others like this.
  9. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Thanks enjoyed the virtual tour..

Sjoerd likes this.
  10. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    What a beautiful tour. Thanks for sharing. Seeing a variety of gardens is a delight. I’ve been on a few this year and they are always inspiring. All were public gardens though. Haven’t made time for the garden club gardens so it’s nice to see yours.

Sjoerd likes this.
  11. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

That is a good use of the leedl grey cells, isn’t it Netty. A gardener has to grow where they can. Lining up the containers that way will work pretty good, I’d say. Thanks again for the pictorial presentation.