Pictures in Photobucket

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by kuntrygal, Jan 13, 2008.

1. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

How do I get a picture that is in my photo album (photo bucket) into the body of the email. When I select 'email' in PB it puts the code into the subject line. I want the picture to be in the email itself. I hope this makes sense, cause I am not good at trying to explain things. :oops:

KG

2. Loading...

3. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

I've never done it, but I expect it would depend on whether or not the recipient's settings allow them to see inserted images or not - if it allows html code, you can insert the url for the picture between tags and give it a try... experiment a bit and try emailing them to yourself to see what it looks like maybe.

Just thoughts - anyone with more experience out there?

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I use the Direct link-code for forums and PM's, and I just assumed it would work for e-mails too, but I have never tried it.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I go along with what Prim said, if your email provider supported codes in emails then it would be easy. However I have never come across one that offers this (in fact I'd bet that none exist).

Emails can be sent in HTML format though and images can be displayed in those. If you have received emails/newsletters containing images they are most likely using this method. For the HTML method you would use the text in the 'HTML Code' box in PhotoBucket. However not all email providers will support the HTML method and the images will not display.

The only surefire way is to use your email provider's attachment functionality ;)

Advertisement
  6. Wrennie

Wrennie In Flower

My ISP doesnt allow image coding so I have to save the image to my computer and then add it as an attatchment, or put a link to my photobucket.

7. SusieQ

SusieQ Seedling

click on your photo to make larger sz.in PB, then right click, then save as: and save it to your desktop/screen, then you can attach to e-mail from there...I do it all the time