....Say Goodnight, Gracie

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Sjoerd, Dec 6, 2010.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

No Daisy-- There are no chipmunks here. Heh heh--nee, I do not have a stove in my shed--it's waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too small. I hardly have room for the tools and stuff that is in there. It's tiny.
    Thanks for your empathy...that's nice of you.

2. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Wow!!! what mindless critters do that?? I hope they were the same mindless critters that go around smashing helpless car windscreen parked by the roadside.

Sojerd, had you thought of using plexiglass or some kind of plastic sheets instead of glass??

3. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

Sjoerd, lovely seeing your plot. I can't even get to mine as the road is closed at the moment, far to dangerous to drive down it. :( Hopefully I will be able to get up there next week as I want to check the veggies for Christmas. The vandals, well, words fail me....makes me very angry.

4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

KK-- Yes I have touught of plexiglass panes cut to size and shape; however, the insurence company will not cover them.--They would rather pay for broken glass than the occasional damaged plexiglass pane. it's a crazy world sometimes.

Good grief, EJ--I didn't realize that you guys had so much snow...or are you taking the Mic? Is it really so deep there?
    Yeah, words fail me too...but I can make noises: GURRRRRRR! :)

Advertisement
  5. EJ

It was incredibly deep, 8, 12 16 inches in places, which is deep for Essex, and of course the drifts were much deeper, but now we have sheet ice. We had some rain, which then froze. it is awfully dangerous out. One lady broke her ankle when she slipped in her work car park, there have been several near misses in the school carpark, and this afternoon a nan who picks up her grandchildren went over and smashed her head and cut it open on the ice. it is horrendous. I am keeping driving to a minimum at the moment.

6. EJ

It was incredibly deep, 8, 12 16 inches in places, which is deep for Essex, and of course the drifts were much deeper, but now we have sheet ice. We had some rain, which then froze. it is awfully dangerous out. One lady broke her ankle when she slipped in her work car park, there have been several near misses in the school carpark, and this afternoon a nan who picks up her grandchildren went over and smashed her head and cut it open on the ice. it is horrendous. I am keeping driving to a minimum at the moment.

7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Good grief, EJ--That is hair-raising! Poor lady that split her head open.
    I know that so much is not typical for Essex--that's why I thought you might have been joking. Well it truly sounds serious. I hope that you haven't had any accidents.
    Take care.

8. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

What a very calming post Sjoerd.Your post are always so interesting.I'm not home to feed the birds.I hope Kevin and Linda are doing so.I'm sorry you have vandals there as we have them here also.
    You brought back so many memories with George and Gracie.I thought of Good Night Mrs Calabash where ever you are.
    Your lottie is as silent as these great comedians are now.

9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I am glad you liked the posting and found it calming...for you are probably anything but calm during this period with Heather."Good Night Mrs Calabash where ever you are" is a show that I will have to look up. I don't know that one.

10. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

It was the Jimmy Durante show.He was so funny and great.

11. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh, thank you, Glenda. I will see what I can find out about Mr Durante and Mrs. Calabash.