Snow and More snow!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by 2ofus, Jan 6, 2017.

1. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

We have really been dumped on! How about 10 inches (+) in 12 hours and temps down to -21 F. (-29.4C). More snow and below freezing temps are predicted. My stump house is over 2 feet tall.
    Christmas 16 012.JPG

Sjoerd and Frank like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Hmmm....O.K. I have to do some quick math....... If you had 2 floors in your stump house that would make you about 5.5 inches tall.:rolleyes: With 10 inches of snow and more to come you have big problems.:( -21°F Brrrrrr. Good thing you have Gardenstew to stay warm.:)

Jerry

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
    2ofus likes this.
  4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

You could send some over here 2ofus as we've only had the odd flutter. We're used to having snow here and I think we're all missing it this winter. I hope it eases off for you though as it appears you have more than enough already!!

2ofus likes this.
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

We've been pounded with snow this week too. Kind of a nice change ... the last few winters have been rather snowless. Thankfully it has been fluffy and light and easy to shovel.

2ofus likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I woke up to now this morning too! Nashville doesn't routinely get snow every winter, we're lightweights here comparatively, so snow is always a surprise. The downside is that we're not very well prepared when snow does hit. Not enough snow plows, not enough salt for the roads, and so many of the people who drive in it are crazy!! They have no clue how to drive in snowy or icy conditions so they make driving hazardous for everyone else!

2ofus likes this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Holy-moly ! That is some snow, 2OF.
    Can you exit your dwelling to check the mail?;)

2ofus likes this.
  8. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

We're getting lots of the white stuff here too ...... :(

2ofus likes this.
  9. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Jerry, I got quite a laugh out of your post and so did Hubby! You are right though, GardenStew is a warm place to be.

Eileen, I wished I could send you some. It is beautiful to look at but I hate driving in it!

Netty, theat's the was our snow is, light and fluffy. I just hope the coming snow will be the same.

Ronni, our son told us about the snow there in Nashville and he was complaining about the drivers also. He grew up in snow country so he's used to it.

Sjoerd, We have a plow on the 4 wheeler, a large snowblower, and shovels so we are prepared for snow. Mike does a lot of snow removal for friends, neighbors, and the elderly. He plowed us out then spent most of the day plowing for others. Me....I stay inside where it is warm! He truly is a good guy!

Sjoerd likes this.
  10. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Thought you might like to see our weather report. I don't like to think of rain with temperatures below freezing! Nasty to walk on or drive on.

This Afternoon

Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 15. Wind chill values as low as -3. South southeast wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.
    Tonight
    Snow. Low around 15. Wind chill values as low as -2. South southwest wind 13 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
    Sunday
    Snow before 11am, then rain and snow. High near 30. South wind 7 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Rain. Low around 28. South southwest wind 16 to 21 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Sjoerd likes this.