some more recycled stuff

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by donna in nc, Feb 23, 2012.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Yep, Cheryl, something new all the time, but I have never seen a "bottle can" before. Is there any advantage to the shape over a regular can, or is it just the "concept" of holding a bottle in your head?

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Carolyn... I don't honestly know. But seems I remember hearing that it was being used because aluminum is cheaper and more easily recycled... plus it's supposed to get and stay colder longer than glass? Or, it could just be a marketing tactic. I've never bought them. But I will now, just to make some twirlys! :stew2:

3. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

I don't drink but found these in my daughters recycle bin thats how I got them

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Cheryl, about the "stay cooler" concept, I remember my grandparents having aluminum drinking glasses when I was a a kid, but I never thought they made the drink seem or stay cooler longer, even though that was supposed to be the concept of them. and the taste/texture of them gave me the shudders.

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Yep...we had those glasses when I was a kid too. They did add a "funny" taste. But they were neat looking!