Something Eating my Lilies

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by budagardener, Apr 6, 2008.

1. budagardener

budagardener Seedling

I have not found the culperate yet, but the tips of my asiatic lilies that have broken ground are eaten off, and some leaves have holes in them.
    I am not an advocate of pesticides, is there something anyone uses that is more organic or natural pest deterent??

2. Loading...

3. StarLiteFarms

StarLiteFarms Seedling

My sister is habing really bad issues with rabbits eating all her lillies. But shes one to use spray repellant. I sure hope you figure out whos buggin your lillies!!! and i hope you find organic ways. What about marigolds? arent they pest repellants for some species of insects? planting them around your lillies? Im not much a gardener, but just a thought :)

4. budagardener

budagardener Seedling

I thought that marigolds would help and they are planted in the same beds. I can't figure it out.
    I don't see any bugs. So far nothing has touched the hollyhocks or clematis in that front bed.

5. trudy

trudy In Flower

I use a spray called "Liquid Fence", its garlic based. I spray it on my broccoli an sugar snap peas. It works really good to keep rabbits/deer, or what ever it was that kept eating them down. I smells horrible btw.

6. StarLiteFarms

StarLiteFarms Seedling

Trudy> does it in any way affect (effect? lol) the way they taste in the end?