Spam emails.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by eileen, May 15, 2017.

1. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Just to let you all know that I've been receiving messages from friends and family saying that someone has been sending them spam emails supposedly from me. If you should get one of these mails then please delete it without opening it. If I want to contact any of you I will do it through a conversation here or in a reply to an email I receive from you. I am going off now to try and sort this out and I apologise for any trouble these mails may have caused anyone.

Regards, Eileen.

Philip Nulty and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Spoofing emails to use to send spam is becoming very common place.....they usually have a very dangerous piece of malware in them.

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

I got hit by ransomware last year on another computer. Wanted money to free it up and get info back. Thing is I have nothing on computers that is personal info. The malware just layers about ten or 15 pages of stuff when you start your computer up. But if you just X them all out you can go around the ransomware and still use the computer normally. But if you have a picture card in at the time it was hit it infects it too so do not remove the photo card and put it in another computer. It did not block anything but it did make it a pain to start up. I still use it for my ebay listings !! I do not use it for email !!

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We get spam e-mails all the time, none are malicious (as far as I know). The funniest one is from "Dennis" who wants to help me manage human resources--payroll, hiring, and time management. I don't think my husband, aka "employee" would go for it!
    Mart, good advice!
    Eileen, sorry you were targeted as a conduit for some spam mail. I don't see that you need to apologize for any inconvenience--you didn't cause it!