Spring has finally arrived!

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by 2ofus, May 31, 2016.

1. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

It seems like we go from winter to summer overnight and I have been busy, busy, planting my hanging baskets and some of the pots, shuffling plants around that wasn't happy where they were planted and adding new ones. It feels so good!

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Congrats...now you can get down to some gardening at last.
    You'd better get a wiggle on before Mother Nature changes her mind.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

spring sure took its time getting here this year, didn't it? It feels good to get back outside, but can also be so over whelming ... so much to do!!

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Oh my oh my! it sure has been a difficult one so far. we had snow and freezing weather on the 15/16th of the month and then we went straight to the 80's and almost 90... I hope yours is a little more moderate than ours has been so far.

Advertisement
  6. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Ours was slightly less drastic than yours, Carolyn, but in my excitement on being able to finally get out I forgot to use any sunscreen. Ouch! We dug up all the grape hyacinths, except for one small patch, and Mike and DGD tilled up a 22 foot long strip behind the carport and planted the grape hyacinths there. I couldn't just toss them as the bees were all over them. Plus I got a lot of weeding done. In the afternoon, I stayed inside getting caught up on housework and laundry.

7. Petronius

Petronius Young Pine

I was cutting some of the main branches off of rosebushes, I noticed the tips of new red growth. Is Spring too early?