Spring Starts!!!

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by halfway, Mar 18, 2011.

1. halfway

halfway Seedling

Re: Spring! WoooHooo!

Indeed! 8)

2. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

I'm jealous, everyone is planting and I'm waiting for a foot of snow. :-( The garden center is moving plants indoors. The storm arrives April 1st. The weatherman insisted it was not an April fool prank. More seeds more pots. I'm running out of window space.

Jerry

3. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Spring!

Jerry, I am so sad for you. Let us hope the blizzard passes you by.
    We have peas ready to be in the garden, but the ground is still frozen due to temps in the 20s. I may have to transfer from peat pots to larger pots. A few onions are up, sunflowers, lettuce, all in peat pots and yes, we are running out of sunlit windows. The gro-light bench has been filled to overflowing.
    Hurry Spring! :p

4. saranharm

saranharm New Seed

I've planted my peas, carrots, lettuces and such. Will do some more maybe after the rain. It was so cold yesterday and I was hoping it would be a bit warmer. My seeds are going strong in my basement: tomatoes, basil, and other herbs. I'm going to buy a pepper plant because I forgot to do those. :)

Advertisement
  5. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Saranharm, I admit to being envious. Another reason to love Kentucky, an early gardening season.
    My supplier doesn't have his seeds in yet, but soon I will plant carrots, etc. I did plant 4 Bell pepper seeds in peat pots, but I usually don't have good luck with growing my own from seed. Maybe this will be the bumper crop year.

6. halfway

halfway Seedling

[​IMG]

Here are some Simpson Elite emerging from their rockwool plugs. They will find their way under the lights and into a hydro system in the next couple of weeks.

Plenty of this variety going into the ground outside as well!!

7. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Halfway... I admit, I had to Google those plugs to find out what they were! Since I know practically nothing about hydroponics, it would be interesting to see your set and follow this sprouts along. Please share pics if you can.