Squash Disease/Infection Identification Help

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by Fluvant, May 16, 2010.

1. Fluvant

Fluvant New Seed

I planted squash seeds in pots April 28 and grew them under a fluorescent light. I have begun leaving them outside, and today (5-16), I found that this particular plant has some sort of a disease/infestation that is affecting the corners of the leaves.
    Full plant

[​IMG]

Side

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What could the reason for this be? How should I treat it?

Thanks!

2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

Not sure what it is but I would make an insecticidal soap in a hand sprayer by using that green dog flea shampoo ( Sergeants) about a tablespoon and fill it up with water. Spray it with that a couple of times and see if it stops. Lower leaves will sometimes look similar to that before they fall off but the top leaves should not. Make sure that the plant is allowed to dry out a bit between waterings. Soil should stay moist but not soggy if in a pot. Hopefully if its a pest of some sort that will kill it. The active ingredient in the flea shampoo is what I buy by the bottle for insects in my garden. I just have a much larger area to spray.You would not need that much.

moderator's note: removed excessive punctuation see point 3.2 of usage rules