Story Of The World's Hottest Chili Pepper!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by S-H, Mar 8, 2024.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Screenshot_20240308-131709.jpg

For a very long time, the Bhoot Jolokia (Ghost Pepper) was the hottest chili pepper you could get. Grown in the foothills of the Himalayas, it can be found in India, parts of Pakistan, some areas of Nepal, and Burma/Myanmar too.

However a little after this chili pepper became known in the West - One person started to experiment with it, with the aim of creating a pepper which would be even hotter.

He succeeded...

And so the world got that dreaded Carolina Reaper chili.

However, as if this wasn't enough, that same crazy person has recently come up with a chili pepper which is even hotter!

Enter Pepper X!

But will this be it? Will Pepper X remain the new world's hottest chili? No way of knowing. Because it's still possible to create one which will be even hotter...

Last edited: Mar 8, 2024
    Logan and Pacnorwest like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Ooo yikes major heartburn…

S-H likes this.
  4. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Well I'm not going to eat it, (I'll only be tricking others into eating it)... :D

In reality thought, my real motivation is making a highly concentrated extract from it - As I desire to weaponize it, because you can use stuff like pepper spray on anyone you like, (or dislike), and as many times as you like. Since it's not considered lethal or harmful to life in a permanent way - It is perfectly legal to carry and use.

It's actually an excellent tool for de-escalating. Sort of like nip it in the bud, before real trouble starts.

Otherwise the escalation ladder goes like this - First hot words are exchanged, be it over a parking spot in the parking lot or wherever. Which is then followed by a slap, leading to a few punches flying. Immediately after which a knuckle duster might come out from somewhere. So here an ordinary everyday squabble now turns into an actual assault. Soon after this, a knife might get pulled out in the open. Therefore this has now just turned into a serious crime. However to answer this, a gun will have to emerge. So now you're potentially into the realm of getting booked for terrorism...

Thus it is better to just use pepper spray on someone, who you know was really asking for it, (people who are out only to make trouble have a certain look on their face, which is actually very easy to spot if you're like me, a city dweller, in a mega matropolis of around 20 million people). So just pepper spray them, then push and/or kick them away - And while they are trying to make sense of what just happened with them, you get in your car and drive away...

This way there is no crime committed, and so no aftermath to deal with either. Which otherwise would require hiring of costly lawyers to sort out at the police station or in the courts... Because nowadays criminals actually first try to get you into a public argument - So while you're kept engaged into that, their partner might come out of nowhere and quickly snatch away your smartphone, or your purse if you're a lady. The whole idea is to just keep you distracted long enough, until their partner takes something valuable away from you.

Pepper spray simply cuts through it all. And that too in a non-lethal way, (so you also don't get trapped into getting booked for a fight or assault)... Only problem is that pepper spray isn't always available here. And whenever available, it's very costly. That's why I figured, why not make some for myself. It's not difficult at all, nor is it illegal in any way. The information is freely available to anyone who wants to know.

This by the way is not just for aggressive people. But can actually save someone's life if they are up against a charging bear. Or accidently come across some other wild animal. So a pretty useful thing to always be carrying with you as your EDC, (every day carry).

I'm not sure, but this might actually make an amazing bio-friendly insecticide too. Without any nasty chemical residue.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
    Pacnorwest likes this.
  5. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Pepper spray really comes in handy . I also use it on the raccoons who try to catch my cats at night right on my porch. I caught the raccoons looking in my glass door all lined up single file like they were waiting for a food order all three of them. I was stunned. I never feed them or leave food out. That’s when I decided to be prepared , meet them next time with pepper spray. The pepper spray is only good for 2-3 sprays out 15’. A larger one will be too big for my hand.

Oo …..just had a thought next time I see the tree scalpers hired by the electric companies coming I can use my pepper spray. But then I do get side tracked…sorry. Hehe !

Back to the raccoons …a few sprays at the raccoons and they stopped coming. Just be sure you are aware of which way the wind is blowing if using outside. It could back fire if the wind blows the spray back at yourself …I spray it on the tree trunks the raccoons like to climb to keep them off my roof.

When it’s not raining I use a pepper spray on the plants keeps rabbits, mice, squirrels and chipmunks out of my potted plants. Someone should design a pepper sprayer mounted outside with a motion sensor and camera to automatically spray the deer. I could post them around to save my flowers.
    I caught a deer crossing my front driveway from one side of my garden to the other at 9:30 last night. Really late to see them up and about. A automatic pepper sprayer would be perfect for those sneak attacks.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2024
    S-H likes this.

Advertisement
  6. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I just want something strong against the 2 most common pests I mostly encounter here, (who fully deserve a full blast of pepper spray straight up their nostrils). These creatures are door to door saleswoman, who can literally be classified as a true abomination of all the most deplorable abominations...

As well as those annoying out of work teenagers and bums loitering at all the busy traffic signals with a rubber squeegee and soapy water. Who insist on cleaning your car's windshield, immediately after which they start bullying you to pay them for this "service" which they so graciously provided, (even though you were screaming at them not to touch your windshield since the beginning).

https://youtube.com/shorts/_N0KGT-WmsA?si=QFa9h4nQDaM-0rlX

Pacnorwest likes this.
  7. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

That’s a bit intrusive. Selfish behavior… Time for a little tough love…. Pepper spray.. just a tad…

S-H likes this.
  8. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

In my opinion, there is actually not much point in eating a chili like Bhoot Jolokia, Carolina Reaper, or Pepper X. Although some would still like to consume it and enjoy it too - But I believe that it's very hot, to the point that it should be considered downright toxic. So I at least won't be able to enjoy it.

So such peppers have only 2 uses. Which are either medicinal, (as some chilies have anti cancer properties). Or weaponization of these ultra hot chilies - For aggressive wild animal or people crowd control in a humane way.

Unfortunately, I can only get seeds of Habanero or Bhoot Jolokia in my part of the world. The hottest chilies which I've grown in life (in childhood) was Baby Birds Eye, however the seeds for it I now can't find anywhere. Same story with Carolina Reaper, seeds are just not available anywhere in my part of the world. While seeds for Pepper X, the creator isn't marketing yet, (he probably wants to insure all legal rights to it first or something)...

Pacnorwest likes this.
  9. Pacnorwest

Pacnorwest Hardy Maple

Guiness world record for eating the most bhut jolokia / ghost chili peppers challenge - Guinness World...

S-H likes this.
  10. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Pure insanity...

Pacnorwest likes this.