The 2nd annual Gardenstew perennial flower baseline study

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Jerry Sullivan, Jan 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

For those of you that have missed out on entering data on this years phenology study, you may have a second chance. If you took a picture of the first day a perennial flower bloomed then the camera date info is all you need. This year’s study is a smidge behind last years inaugural study but is rolling along with over 85 entries. Your chance to participate in this years climate data study is open till late fall.

Data entry participation here: http://www.gardenstew.com/about31885.html

View compiled data here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... ring#gid=3

Jerry

Frank likes this.
  2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I didn't know we could do THAT Jerry! I'll go thru my photos on the weekend :)

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Thank you Netty for looking. Due to the drop off of participation for this year, I am looking for alternatives to obtain data. While I am not often able to enter the data each day I do carry a camera around the yard to document the first blooms of the season. The Idea came to me that other members take pictures in their gardens when a perennial first blooms that season. Eureka!! A way to obtain data weeks after the fact!! The dates, of course, have to be for this year. Last year's study is closed and the data processed.
    I am hoping to get a few more members to participate.

Jerry

Frank likes this.
  4. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Here are two pic's of my Autumn Joy Sedum. First one is of it just starting to bloom. Second one is of it in full bloom.

[​IMG]
    Aug. 27th 2014 Autumn Joy Sedum ( photo / image / picture from Tooty2shoes's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Autumn Joy Sedum in full bloom. 9-8-14 ( photo / image / picture from Tooty2shoes's Garden )

Advertisement
  5. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

This is what I call my Mystery Lily. I searched the web and found a similar one at Jung Seeds website. All they call it is "Mystery Lily".

[​IMG]
    Mystery Lily Blooming 9-4-2014 ( photo / image / picture from Tooty2shoes's Garden )

6. billandben

billandben New Seed

hi just joined and I have seen your request in identifying you mysterious blooms, they look very much like crocuses to me. bloom anytime from Christmas through spring. that's in the uk.come in a variety of colours from white to deep purple some mixed colours also. Hope iv helped.
    regards