The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning and back to work after a gorgeous weekend.
    It was so nice, I didn't do anything! Just enjoyed. But I know I need to get at that weeding, maybe a little every evening after work while I still have a couple of hours of daylight.
    This week... the temps up a little with highs in the low 90s and 20-30% chance of rain all week.

2. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Yesterday was a beautiful day. I got the whole front yard done. No more grass and weeds. I was going to do scrubby brush and heavy stuff with my loppers today. Guess what, thunderstorms so now everything is soggy. Maybe, tomorrow.

dooley

3. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

We had to drive to the big town today to get some things that are not offered in our town. Picked up the things we needed then goofed around a little. I found a few things that I needed but weren't on my list and DH found a new air compressor that was marked way down. A good day but 7 hours of shopping and walking is too much!

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 11°C and dark. The moon is shining brightly. Off to work where fall cleanup continues. We got a lot done yesterday, but there is still so much to do. Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! The temperature continues to head northward here with predictions of a possibly very cold winter ahead. I'm going to have to start putting on the woolies :)
    Have a great Tuesday ahead :stew1:

6. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Some heavy storms moved through the area yesterday... good amount of rain here at the office, but only about 1/8th inch at home.
    Today... slight chance of rain with temps getting into the 90s. Can you say muggy????
    I didn't get a chance to do anything in the garden yesterday, stopped at a couple of stores on the way home... looking for a fancy dress for my nephew's wedding next month. YUCK... not to the wedding... looking forward to that... but having to shop for a dress is like the most evil thing in the world to me! :rolleyes:

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Another HOT - 95 coming up for us and there was some hinting by the weather guy last night that it could get hotter than that. :rolleyes:

We did get about 5/8ths of an inch yesterday morning, but I will be watering in the morning after the heat of today.

8. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently 11°C and dark. The sky is overcast so I am not able to see our eclipse. Off to work, where fall clean out continues as well as fall decorating. Skating tonight with my daughter. Have a great day all :)

9. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. A little foggy out this morning. I barely caught a glimpse of the moon this morning... and wasn't up early enough to even try to see the eclipse.
    Slight chance of rain this afternoon... temps from mid70s to low 90s.
    Found something to wear to my nephew's wedding... now to buy shoes... I can't remember the last time I bought "real" shoes! :stew2:

10. toni

Good morning all. The temp yesterday reached 98 and was the hottest October 7th in 35 years. Three more days in the 90's then a cool front moves through.

11. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all. It's misting heavily here and temperatures are still around 10 deg C. Jacket on!
    Doing a lot of keyboard work these days so my eyes are beginning to turn square :eek:
    Have a top Thursday ahead!

12. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently 5°C and dark. I keep thinking it is a day later than it is ... such a disappointment to discover today is not Friday!! Off to work, where fall cleanup is well underway. Have a great day all :)

13. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. Got to watch the full moon all the way on my hour commute. so pretty!
    Today's weather... same as yesterday's. Mid-70s to lower 90s with a slight chance of an afternoon shower.
    Netty.... today is my "Friday".... woohooo... 3-day weekend!

14. toni

Good morning all. Hot and muggy...temperature and humidity are the same this morning 77deg and 77%. I don't think I will even open the curtains today or open the front door, that way I don't have to be reminded how miserable it is out there.

15. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

It's 40 this AM but is suppose to get up to the high 60's this afternoon. It's a good day to work outside again. Clear and sunny.