The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning. The big bad storm they predicted yesterday just turned out to be a nice rain shower. With the 1 inch of rain on Friday (that they didn't predict) combined with the nearly 3 inches of rain overnight... well... let's just say it's pretty mushy out there right now! :stew2:
    Had to come into work for a few hours today because of an early print schedule for this week's paper, but will be done here soon and head home to enjoy what looks like a gorgeous day with plenty of sunshine and temps in the 70s.

2. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Monday morning all. Currently 10°C, overcast and windy. We had rain overnight and so the snow is almost all gone now. I had expected that we would have had a lot of standing water, but the wind must be helping dry up. Hubby is off to work to see what is going on, keeping my fingers crossed he is able to keep working. I have a lot of clean up to do today and then skating with my daughter tonight. Have a great day all :)

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh, Netty, I have everything crossed that his job is okay!

I wondered where the rain went, my yard got 1/4th inch Friday night and only another 1/2 inch on Saturday. I will be watering on Wednesday and I had better not forget this week since there is no rain in the forecast for at least the next 10 days. The temp here will be closing in on 80 by Saturday. :rolleyes:

We got almost all of our shopping done last Saturday, a couple of things will have to be ordered. Next week I will need to scrounge up boxes, buy paper and bows and tape..guess I will have to start decorating then too

4. cherylad

Happy monday afternoon. Cool temps in the upper 50s and windy. I had to take down the wind chime, it was giving me a headache! LOL
    So just being lazy on the couch.

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently 2°C and overcast. The wind is still blowing, but no where as near as badly as last night. I can already tell it's going to be one of those windy seasons again! Going to do some 'deep cleaning' today, if I can find the motivation. Have a great day all :)

6. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Yesterday was windy here too. Made it too miserable to attempt to be outdoors.
    Kinda cool this morning too in the mid40s. But no wind. Yippee!!!!
    I'll have to check the forecast, but there was a slight chance we'd get to the freezing mark in the morning.
    Well... I'd better get back to work and finish up this stuff so I can go home and enjoy the rest of the week at home!

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Happy Tuesday, all! I have clothes on the line outside, bread dough rising, and the chickens are eating up the remains of the vegetable garden.
    I hope everyone is having a good day, and Netty, I'm still praying up a storm for your husband's job. I think the good Lord is getting a headache from listening (I tend to give orders rather than make requests, but He is used to me).

8. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -1°C and overcast. Finally the strong winds have stopped! I've had a lazy couple of days and today I think I'd better get to work on my cleanout!
    Thanks for your prayers MG and Toni. So far, he is still working. They are trying to keep it 'business as usual' while they sort out the finances. I've got to tell you though, that I am going to be nervous every payday until that cheque clears! :rolleyes: Thankfully, we are prepared for the winter as I am a seasonal worker and his work load is usually slow January-March. As long as he keeps working until Christmas (or at least mid December)I won't be too worried! Have a good day all :)

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good afternoon from Wisconsin. We left home on Monday. A neighbor had to take us to the train because our truck wouldn't start. The train was late getting to Chicago so we missed our connection to Milwaukee. But there was a later one two hours later. Our son met us in Milwaukee and brought us to Oshkosh. We got here late last night. We did get to see wannabe when the train stopped in Springfield but only long enough to give her a hug. We didn't want the train to leave with us still on the platform. More later.

dooley

10. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -5°C and sunny. It was a very noisy place here last night as all the surrounding farmers had their big machines cutting down all the corn. I've always wondered why they do this in the dark? They work into the wee hours of the morning. Off to do my errands and shopping this morning, and finally get my cracked windshield replaced. Have a great day all :)

11. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning and happy thanksgiving to those who celebrate it. Looks like another beautiful day. Temps should reach 70f and there's not a cloud in the sky. Slight breeze.
    I'll be headed to one of cousins for dinner. I'm excited to see my 97 year old aunt. They moved her there this spring and I've only seen her a few times since.

12. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -5°C feeling more like -15°C with the blowing NW winds. I've already taken advantage of some online black friday sales at some of my kids favorite stores. It is a relief to be able to buy them the things they want at half price! I am done the 2 younger kids Christmas shopping :) Cleaning and some baking to do today. Have a great day all :)

13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Happy Friday all you Thanksgiving survivors! We are blessed with sunshine, although it was 41 degrees when we got up.
    Today is figuring out what to do with all that left-over turkey, cleaning the kitchen (I'm a messy cook, especially when I'm doing a big meal), and if it warms up, doing some garden maintenance.

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. It was only the four of us yesterday but once again and as usual I prepared way too much food. I ran the dishwasher two times last evening and still have one more load in the sink waiting it's turn. And I realized that I need to buy at least 3 more large serving spoons. But nobody got sick so I guess my once a year foray into cooking a large meal was successful.

Oldest daughter went home last night with lots of leftovers and had her house decorated for Christmas before she went to bed. :eek:

15. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I think over-cooking and over-eating is a requirement of the holiday. At least I don't have to cook anything today as there's plenty of left-overs. I hope everyone had as enjoyable a Thanksgiving as we did.