The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good We had a good Thanksgiving yesterday with Andy and Wendy and their boys at her parents house. It was snowing when we got up this morning. Just flurries but it's quit now. I think it's going to be a lazy day . Nothing much happening here. Have a great shopping day or just visit with family and friends.

dooley

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Since tomorrow is Small Business Saturday (drumming up support for small, locally owned businesses) we have decided that in the morning we will have breakfast at our favorite diner (been going there for over 30 yrs) and then head down to Granbury, stopping at all those really neat junque shops we really like along the highway and ending up in my favorite one across the road from Lake Granbury. I should be able to provide lots of support for them!! :eek:

Frank likes this.
  3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! It's getting colder here now. My parents milked their cows for the last time this year so now I guess it's officially getting to the year-end period :) The cows will have to be feed and cleaned all winter. The cleaning has been left to me :D
    Have a great Saturday all!

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast. Off to skating this morning and then an extra skating training session for the afternoon. Looks like its and all skating Saturday :rolleyes: I did manage to get almost all of my kids Christmas shopping done online yesterday for excellent savings and free shipping. The rest of my gifts and stocking stuffers will be bought at my local merchants. I love that part! Have a great day all :)

Advertisement
  5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Saturday morning. Sounds like everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I went to one of my cousins to eat and visit. Then to another cousin's to watch football. I came home with so much food, no need to cook for atleast 2 more days!
    Still waiting on the guy to come fix my oven. Not that I plan on using it anytime soon, but it would be nice to have it done.
    Today is warm, already in the 70s. But this darn wind is driving me nuts. But it could be worse, I suppose... rain, snow, ice. I guess wind isn't too bad afterall! :D
    My chore for the day, get the bean vine cut down.
    And maybe start sanding down a plant stand to repaint.

6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good evening! Nice day today. There were a few snow flurries this morning but then it warmed up to 40's. The snow on the streets melted but the ground is still covered. It looks nice out the window because I don't have to drive in it. Four days of vacation left here in Wisconsin.

7. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 6°C and overcast. It was nice not having to wear mittens on my dog walk today! Yesterday was a very busy day ... we were at the arena from 9am to 4:30pm. Today I stay home and try to get some housework and laundry done. But with the mild temperatures I may just end up outside widening one of the garden beds. Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

Happy Sunday morning. Looks like today will be a repeat of yesterday's weather. Temps in or near the 80s. Sunny and a little breezy. The doors and windows are open.
    Nothing planned for today, besides some housework. And will probably go visit one of my aunts.
    And then if I'm feeling ambitious, will start to clean up that plant stand for a new paint job.

9. toni

Good morning all. Back up close to 80 again today then tomorrow a cool front moves through dropping the high for Monday down to 47 YEA!!!

We went and supported several locally owned businesses yesterday on Small Business Saturday to the tune of "OMG, I spent HOW much?" :eek: We got to our favorite little shop in Granbury and Randy let me know that I was to pick out my Christmas gift there....whoohooo, hard decision but I found what I had been wanting for a couple of years was still waiting for me. I have to get photos of everything and will post them later.

10. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast. It is very dark this morning, so maybe there is rain/snow on the way. I'll be looking for a good cyber Monday deal on boots, and then its back to cleaning and maybe some decorating. Have a great day all :)

11. cherylad

Happy Monday morning and back to work after nearly a week off work. I sure had a hard time getting out of bed at 6:15!
    Today's temps should remain in the 60s all day and there's a 50% chance of rain. It was kinda misty on my commute in.

12. toni

Good morning all. Our high temp yesterday was 79, not a record high but close, and miserable. This morning I woke up to 34 deg and dropping down to freezing later today!! Cold front moved through during the night but the darn thing is not expected to give us rain, that will all be to our east and south....as usual.

The wind was strong and steady all day yesterday so the trees are bare now but you can not see our driveway or anything else that isn't at least 4" tall :eek: I scraped up leaves from right in front of the porch yesterday and filled two 30 gallon paper refuse bags, most of the porch area is covered with leaves again.

13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Happy December, happy Monday to you all! It's windy, really windy, so I'm not putting up the outside decorations (simple as they are) today. Instead, it's a good day to start my Christmas baking--butterscotch refrigerator cookies and pumpkin nut bread. My husband says he's gained ten pounds just breathing the aromas in the kitchen!

14. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -11°C and clear. Off to the big city with my youngest today. She has a dental appointment and then we are going to do some Christmas shopping. Have a great day all :)

15. toni

Good cold morning all. Temp was 33 when I got up certainly was good sleeping weather last night. Spooky didn't spend much time sleeping on the window sill yesterday, he must have gotten cold with that north wind hitting the window.

Time to make out a list of the gifts we have bought and see if our holiday shopping is complete....I think it is. I bought some pretty already decorated boxes so I don't have to buy wrapping paper, just need ribbon and tags.