The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Tuesday morning. A little cooler today with temps from upper 40s to mid 60s. but it's nice and sunny.
    I feel a zillion times better today... cold symptoms all gone.
    Yea! I can go to the Christmas party tonight.
    I stopped by the big nursery on the way home yesterday, was going to buy co-workers Poinsettias. I started loaded the cart and then really started checking the plants closely. They were dropping leaves like crazy. Deal or no deal... I put them all back and left. Bought them candy instead! :stew2:
    Now to find something for the one that is diabetic.

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I don't have any photos myself Carolyn. However an image search along with the keyword 'European' should turn up something. Wish I had a camera with a great zoom.

4. toni

Good afternoon all. Chilly at 50 deg today as apposed to the almost 70 yesterday and a few days before. Upper 50's for highs in the future and maybe some rain. At least the temps are more seasonal and sleeping is great at night again with the window open and fan blowing the cool night air into the bedroom.

Advertisement
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I just looked at our thermometer and it says 48 degrees. I'll be wearing my fuzzy pajamas tonight. I'm not a fan of cold weather. We have a creative writers meeting tonight. I have a new Christmas sweatshirt to wear to it. I made some molasses cookies to take. Everyone is supposed to bring something. I hope they do so it will be a bit festive. dr and I wrote Christmas stories for it.

dooley

6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

We went to Ft. Worth to the Kimbell Art Museum today to see the Faces of Impressionism exhibit. The portraits are on loan from the Musee d'Orsay, and are fabulous!
    We so enjoyed seeing the paintings, and finding out what a tight-knit group the Impressionists were. My husband thinks that because they were outcasts from the art world, they just painted each other and enjoyed each other's society.
    We had a marvelous lunch at the Kimbell Cafe (got to get their recipe for dried tomato and basil quiche) and managed to get out of Ft. Worth despite the road construction.
    Got home, kicked off the shoes, fed the cat, and now we are relaxing.

7. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently °C and overcast with light rain. Still a little foggy, but not too bad. I have everyone home today and so today will be the day we put up the Christmas tree! It's earlier than usual but I won't have everyone home again until Christmas Eve and there is already too much to do that day. We may have to go out and do a bit of shopping too. Have a great day all :)

8. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Temps from mid40s to low 60s today with slight chance of rain off and on all day. Better rain chance tomorrow.
    Had a great time at a co-workers Christmas party last night. The dog wasn't too happy with me getting home so late though. :oops:

9. toni

Good afternoon all. Supper is being delivered here around 4:30 this afternoon, oldest daughter is bringing her recovering folks one of her delicious turkey pot pies. She couldn't bring it over last week, didn't want to catch what we had, we couldn't have eaten it anyway the way we were feeling. So it will taste really good tonight.

Radar shows some rain heading our way, just hope it happens this time. High temp might hit 50 later but it's been stuck at 48 most of the afternoon.

10. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -4°C and overcast. Again. Sure would be nice to see some sunshine one of these days! Off to do my errands and shopping today, and my son is tagging along today. He wants to do some Christmas shopping, and I have a few things left to get. Have a great day every one ! :)

11. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. A few sprinkles here and there this morning, but better chances of a good rain this evening and tomorrow.
    A bit warmer too with highs expected to reach the middle 70s.
    Have my grocery shopping list all made out... only thing on it is stuff to make the Christmas goodies! :stew2:

12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Today was the day to take cookie plates to all the local businesses that have given us so much help and good service throughout the past year.
    I love to deliver cookies and wish everyone a Merry Christmas! The truck cab was filled with cookie plates and after I finished handing them out, the smell of cinnamon and pumpkin and sugar lingered.
    I hope everyone enjoyed their Thursday as much as I did!

Frank likes this.
  13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Last week we delivered candy canes and peppermints to the local businesses here. It was fun to see the reactions to their being given something for Christmas.

dooley

Frank and marlingardener like this.
  14. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -8°C and overcast. Weatherman said we would see sunshine today, so where the heck is it?? Got most of my shopping done yesterday, but still have my Dad to shop for. He is always the hardest one! Cleaning today and making a final list of things to get. Have a great day all :)

15. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. The storm arrived about 2:30 this morning. Lots of thunder and lightning. And by the looks of the filled up ditches, I'm guessing we got at least 4 inches of rain. And it's still raining... and will continue throughout the day.
    Glad it's raining today. We really did need it. And it's supposed to clear off for the weekend. Which is great since I've got FOUR parties to go to!