The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Finished all the baking this morning I made a total of 22 loaves of bread for gifts. Lost count of how many cookies. Will finish bread pudding in the morning.
    We are having our Christmas with the kids tomorrow night. They want hors dourves so working on them this afternoon.

2. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Hey all. Havent been on for awhile. Crazy busy work schedule.
    Well, Bob is out of the house. I kind of miss him, but I know the split was for the best. I have a new friend (well, old friend, but we've never really hung out in person in the past) Ive been hanging out with. I have to say, Im rather quite fond of him, and I know he is quite interested in me ;) Im not ready for another commitment though. So we'll see.
    Not much else to report on. I got a pet rat. Shes kind of dumb though. Probably comes from being a feeder rat (my sister's snake wasnt hungry so I got ratty), rather than a "pet" rat.
    My sisters dogs ate a few of my shrubs down to a nub. I really hope they rebound :/ Otherwise Im going to make her replace them!

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning on the eve of the day when all the 'buy this' commercials come to an end until next November. Sunny and heading into the mid-60's today

We have reservations at Studio Movie Grill for the 7 p.m. showing of the final Hobbit movie and supper tonight. A few years ago we went there on Christmas Eve and found that an ice storm had hit during the movie and the normal 20 minute drive home took almost 1.5 hours....Paul Simon's Slip Slidin' Away ran through our heads a lot that night.

Then tomorrow off to spend the day with oldest daughter and our grandson's.

4. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Spent the better part of the afternoon baking mince and apple pies and cranberry orange muffins. I think we are ready for Christmas Eve and Christmas day. The birds have their Christmas feast, too. I see that there are a lot of them come to the feast. Pretty red ones, too.
    Have a Merry Christmas!

dooley

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Merry Christmas morning all! I hope Santa was good to everyone! It's currently 4°C and overcast. Slept in this morning as we had a busy night with family... even my 11 year old slept until 8am! The Christmas rush is over and everyone has scattered to other rooms. I got a food dehydrator so I'll be reading up on that! Have a great day all :)

6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Thursday morning and Merry Christmas!
    We got another inch of rain the other day so the ground is really soggy. Hope it's not too wet for all the kiddos with new bicycles!
    It got down near to freezing this morning, but no frost. Probably just cool enough to make the reindeer feel comfortable. :D
    Temps today will rise to the low 60s and near freezing again overnight.
    My pie is done. Just have to make some appetizers to bring to my brother's for dinner today.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful day with family and/or friends!

7. toni

Good morning all. Nippy this morning but dry and sunny, into the 60's later. The car is all packed up with goodies like Santa's sleigh was last night, heading over to the kids in a few minutes.

Dinner and the movie were great last night but I was so sad that the Tolkien movies have all been done now :'( Course Jackson could start on the Silmarillion now ;)

8. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

Sunny and bright today. It is nice to see after all the gloomy, rainy days.

9. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Sunny and bright here today but windy. Was out playing and just had a light jacket over a sweatshirt. Pork roast in oven. Potatoes will go in soon. Easy Christmas dinner. dooley

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! Hope those of you who celebrate it had a wonderful Christmas Day. The shops are wasting no time advertising their sales, even yesterday. It constantly amazes me how much stuff people seem to need.
    Have a great day all!

11. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently 2°C and overcast. The kids have all raced off to the Mall to spend their Christmas gift cards. I am left here alone (peace at last!) to clean up and get the turkey into the oven later. I am trying home made cranberry sauce for the first time today, I hope I dont screw it up! Have a great day all :)

12. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Friday evening. Kinda drizzly today but warm. High was low 70.
    Spent the day helping decorate the church hall for tomorrow's Winterball.
    Maybe I can get some stuff done around the house tomorrow before going out for dining & dancing.

13. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently 2°C and overcast. So hard to believe that Christmas is already over! Made a lovely turkey and roast beef dinner yesterday, and apple pie. My cranberry sauce turned out amazing and it made me wonder why I've been buying canned all these years. Well no more! Only home made sauce from now on! Not sure what is planned today. Have a great day all :)

14. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good morning, all! It's cold and blustery today, even spitting rain. This is the perfect time to turn on a CD, get some chili going on the stove, and bake rye bread. Later I'll browse a seed catalog that arrived yesterday.

15. toni

Good early afternoon all. Very overcast and getting chillier here but no wet stuff falling from the sky. I guess I might as well stop complaining about no rain, that appears to be the weather we are going to continue having. I have to concentrate on finding something good about this weather pattern....I have it!!! at least the sun is covered and the temps are not in the triple digits. yea :rolleyes:

I don't think I will do anything today that I don't want to do and I don't want to do anything, hmmm gonna be a long day.