The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Cold and rainy here today! Clouds, no sun at all. I guess it was in the 40's so it might not be cold by some standards but it felt cold here. It was a good day for reading a book which I have been doing. It's about half finished. Time to find something for supper now. Have a good evening now.

dooley

2. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! We had sub zero temperatures last night so there a crunch to the grass when I woke up. Roads are getting slippery as each evening comes so drivers are urged to use caution. Our lambs are arriving thick and fast, I believe the count is 15 now :)

Have a great Sunday ahead!

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 0°C and overcast with strong west winds. I started a deep kitchen cleanout yesterday after trying to find a place to store my new food dehydrator. Space is getting very limited so it's time to purge. Lots of Christmas treats to finish up too, hopefully the kids will take care of that part! Have a great day all :)

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning. It was hot and muggy yesterday with the high almost reaching 80F. Then the front moved through and quickly dropped temps into the 40s overnight. Drizzled all evening and again this morning. The ground is soooo saturated. Even the 1/2 inch of rain stands out in the yard and pasture.
    Good thing all the gatherings are indoors this time of year.
    Last light was steak dinner & dancing at the church. Today a friend is having a party at his house. I may skip this one. My feet are achy from last night!

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Just got back from breakfast with our oldest now it's time to get started on doing nothing for the rest of the day. I bought books last evening, I have this love/hate thing going with Half Price Books...I love going there but hate bringing home even more books that I add to the stack of the unread. :eek:

Netty, I know what you mean about running out of room. I did a kitchen purge last summer and this week I will be working on my storage closet....too much junk and no room for junque. Plus there are a couple of 'keepsake' boxes in there and it's time for their biennial look through to see if it's time for some of the things to find a new home.

6. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -5°C and sunny. Felling a little 'off' this morning, but I'm assuming its from all the sweets, fried foods, and feasting that I've been doing. Time to get back on track with healthy eating and more exercise! Not sure what's happening today ... kids are sleeping in later and later these days. Have a great day all :)

7. cherylad

Happy Monday morning. Yesterday was cold windy and rainy. I didn't do a darn thing and stayed in my pajamas all day.
    Today is still cool with temps in the low 40s and still overcast. Doubt I'll get to do anything outdoors, but I gotta get and move. I feel stiff. So think I'll go to town and pick up a few things. Who would thought that walking around Wallyworld sounds good! :stew2:

8. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It was in the 30's and very foggy here this morning. We did venture into town for breakfast and chat with friends. Had to renew our truck's license. It runs out Wednesday. A stop at the pharmacy to renew some medications and back home again in the same morning. Fog is lifting so coming home was much easier.
    Cheryl WalMart is where we go for exercise when the weather is bad outside. Walk around the store two or three times and you have a mile or two done.

dooley

9. toni

Good early afternoon all. Making soap this morning and am so out of the routine after not making any for about a year and a half but it's all coming back to me as I go along. It's just melt and pour so nothing dangerous to have to be careful of.

10. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -10°C and overcast. It was a lovely day yesterday and I spent part of it riding my bike! I felt a little more myself after being out in the fresh air and getting some exercise. Not sure what the plan is for today, but I do need to make an appointment for an oil change. Have a great day all :)

11. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Temps in the upper 40s. And still overcast. Haven't seen the sun in ages! I finally waded out to the rain gauge yesterday and there was 1.25 inches in it from the last few days. At least we don't have to worry too much about fireworks starting fires this year. :D
    Temps should be getting down to near freezing in the morning, so I'll be making sure the plants in the winterhouse are watered and cover up the kalanchoes along the front porch.

12. toni

Good chilly morning all. Temp of 36 that feels like 28 with a steady north wind of about 11 mph. The squirrels are running up, down and around the large pecan tree outside the cat's favorite window and he is so excited!! He got a new catnip toy last night (our youngest works at PetSmart so he has a lot of toys) he hugs onto it and rubs it on his cheeks....reminds me of Gollum with 'his precious'.

13. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -10°C and overcast. I can't believe this is the last day of the year! Time sure does fly! I'm off shortly for my oil change, and then a quick stop at the store. My youngest daughter has requested a few snacks to help her try to stay up to midnight. Have a great day all :)

14. toni

Good chillier morning all. 35 deg and not supposed to get up to 43 later this afternoon. Slight chance of freezing rain tonight and early tomorrow....most likely to stay west of us though.

We will be ending this year and beginning next year in a hotel room. Time for a couple of days away from the routine...Randy will do the cooking and I will be watching as many home improvement programs as I can find on cable and I have a couple of magazines not yet read and some knitting to work on. We will have his iPad so I won't be completely disconnected from reality.

15. Netty

My first post of 2015! Good morning Stewbies and Happy New Year! Currently -9°C and overcast. I managed to stay up until midnight but couldn't sleep after that! I think a nap my be in my future! Thinking about taking down all the Christmas decorations today and starting the New Year clean. Have a great day all :)