The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -26°C and sunny. My cheeks sure were rosy after this mornings dogwalk ... BRRRR! I'm not sure what I'm doing this morning, but I think it may involve some baking. Have a great day all :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Tuesday morning. Yep... another drizzly start to the day. And the high might reach 50F.
    There was about 1/8th inch of rain yesterday at the house. Probably about the same today, or maybe a little more. SIGH
    But, they are predicting sunshine by the weekend. You can bet I'll be outside as much as I can if that's the case! :smt026

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

We are off to the Pennsylvania Farm Show today. Looking forward to this.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. 37 deg at this time but heading into the 40's later. We have 2-3 more days coming of wonderful overcast skies then the sun shows up and spoils my day. But at least it will be warmish enough to get started on the north bed re-do.

Got my storage closet cleaned and better organized yesterday, not as much going to Goodwill as I had thought there would be but every little bit helps. And I found some really wonderful things that I had completely forgotten about...now I have even more ideas for decorating the garden :eek:

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Overcast skies, cold, and I'm holing up in the kitchen with classical music on the CD player and baking breads and a custard pie.
    Please let it warm up this weekend so I can bring in my scrubbed shelving, lights, and grower trays and set up for the seed starting!

6. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Hi all,

I have a light work day today. Plan to get caught up on billing, paperwork & maybe get to the gym.

7. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! The weather forecast has been warning all week of a stormy day today so we are preparing ourselves. It's more of a mental preparation though. My Dad hates this wind and he and my Mom will probably book in somewhere during the wind. Which baffles me as it's not really driving weather. I guess wind just scrambles his brain :dizzy:

Hoping my internet connection doesn't go down either. It can happen in this wind!

Have a great Wednesday ahead all!

8. Netty

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -14°C and overcast. Its going to be a much nicer day and so I'll get out and load up on firewood for in the house. I'd like to get back to de-cluttering in the house too, but I'm not sure if I'm in the mood :rolleyes: Coffee first, and maybe I'll find some motivation! Have a great day all :)

9. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. Yep, another 1/8th inch of rain yesterday. Today, they are calling for more rain and temps not predicted to reach 50F. Our "normal" temps for this time of hear is mid60s. But they are promising sunshine by the end of tomorrow and warmer temps. I want to get some seeds started this weekend. And maybe it'll dry up some so I can at least get out and walk through the garden to see how things are doing without sinking in mud!

10. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -10°C and cloudy. I'm off to town today to do my errands and grocery shopping. I am also going to stop at the second hand store and see if they have any small canning jars. Who knows what other kind of treasures I might find there! Have a great day all :)

11. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. And yet another drizzly start to the day. They say the skies will clear up late this afternoon. :fingerscrossed:
    I'm already planning my non-rainy 3-day weekend. On my shopping list... potting soil and a rack of ribs. :stew2:

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! Gray and gloomy this morning but surprise! The sun peeked through for about three minutes. I hope it comes back. The forecast is for mostly sunny and 53 degrees today. But with that north wind blowing it won't feel like 50 anything.

dooley

13. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -11°C with strong north winds and blowing snow. It was a quick trip to the thrift store and I found 8 small jars. They had lots of quart jars but I still have 4 cases that are empty. I didn't find any good 'junque' but I was kind of in a hurry. I got a new garden magazine in the mail so I'm going to read it while I have my morning coffee. Have a great day all :)

14. cherylad

Happy Friday morning. Found another 1/4th of rain in the gauge when I got home yesterday and the day ended windy but with some sunshine.
    This morning, still kinda cool with temps in the 40s, but there's SUNSHINE! Highs to be in the upper 50s or even low 60s.
    First on the agenda, go into town to pay some bills, get groceries and then home to "play".
    Not sure what I'll get done, but I need to get off my lazy butt and get stuff cleaned up in the house and garage. I picked up a bag of potting soil, so I want to get some seeds started.
    I'm going to get stuff to cook on the bbq pit today and tomorrow. Basically, I just wanted to be outdoors! :stew2:

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Heavy dew this morning but that's the only wet we have. We should reach 60-61 deg today and almost 70 tomorrow. Mid-60's through Tuesday then another hit of cool weather for a few days. Still no rain but a slight chance of some next Thursday.

The handle of my garden fork broke last year so I am getting a new one with a non wood handle this morning and digging up all the Cannas from the front of the north bed. I can not get the weeds under control so drastic measures have to be taken and hopefully the cold ground has caused the red ants I found out there last Spring to go way underground or I will be nuking them in the process.

Back to trapping feral cats in the yard again, one in the trap now waiting for the city to pick it up and 3 more are in the back yard waiting their turn.