The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -16°C and cloudy. Off to skating shortly with my youngest. She sure loves to skate! Have a great day all :)

2. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good morning! Today is the day we set up the seed starting shelves in the guest bedroom and I have 100 lbs. of chicken feed to unload from the truck. It promises to be a sunny warmish day.
    The bird count is off to a great start, and we hope the heron and more ducks come in.

3. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good Morning! It's sunny and bright. It's going to be in the 60's here today. dr filled both bird feeders and put some on the outside table. That was about an hour ago. One feeder and the table are empty already. They can eat what they dumped on the ground under the feeders. It's winter time up north so we have all of their birds right now. We bought 5 bags of wild bird seed this week-35 lbs each. They will be eating better than us if that keeps up. We still have seed left so they will only eat twice a day now.

dooley

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good morning all! We are getting sub-zero temperatures the last few nights, -3 deg C last night. So hard to get out of the bed in the morning knowing that a cold blast of air is going to grace you once you venture out from under the covers. Lambs are doing ok in the fields but the last few nights have shook them up somewhat. Hoping for milder temperatures soon.

Hope you all have a wonderful Sunday ahead!

Advertisement
  5. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently 2°C and raining. Odd weather for January, but I am enjoying the milder temperatures. Slippery dog walk this morning but I made it back without falling. Time for some coffee! Have a great day all :)

6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Sunday morning. Yesterday was GORGEOUS! Nothing but sunshine and temps in the high 60s. But with the sun it felt so much warmer. The doors and windows were open and I had on flip flops! I spent the majority of the day outside. Cleaned up the front flower bed. Cleaned & straightened my storage building. Got the seeds started.
    Sure felt great to actually do something and get dirty.
    Today's weather should be about the same. I've got to haul that pile of debris to the pasture somehow. It's too wet even go out there with the mower. Guess it's me and wheelbarrow. I took a good look out back and decided that there's one corner that really needs a good cleaning and redoing. Maybe I'll start on it. But I don't want to get too involved since I need to go over to my brother's this afternoon. Wonder what else I can get into out there? :stew2:

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Already in the low 50's this morning and should be close to 70 later today and two more days before another cold front comes through.
    We are going to a Black and White play with another couple this afternoon.... http://pegasustheatre.org/2015-season/amas/ .... should be fun.

I was able to get about 1/4th of the north bed cleaned out on Friday, had many errands to run yesterday and the play today so working out there will have to wait until tomorrow. And that gives my aching muscles a chance to recuperate from Friday. :eek:
    I am thinking about making a trip to the garden center tomorrow morning for some Cyclamen, Pansies and anything else colorful and growing that they have. My Scabiosa columbaria (Pincushion Flower) is still blooming so I will be planting a lot more of that this Spring.

8. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast. It is one of those days where I wish there was 2 of me - I have to be in 2 far away places at the same time with 2 different children! I'm going to have to enlist some help I guess, something I have never been good at asking for. Have a great day all :)

9. cherylad

Happy Monday morning and back to work after a gorgeous weekend of warmer temps and lots of sunshine.
    There was a light frost this morning, but that's okay because the sun is out and we "might" reach 70F.
    Now if it would just dry out the top of the ground just a little so it isn't so muddy/soggy... that would make it a bit easier to get cleaning up a corner in the back flower bed.

10. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! It's teeth-shatteringly cold here and we are getting small drops of snow every hour or so. Not enough to build a snowman yet but return to me tomorrow and it may be a different story :)

Hope your Monday is going well!

11. Evil Roy

Evil Roy In Flower

Gee, Frank. I'd tell you about the weather here, but saying it's 60F (16C) and climbing, and that Toni's in the yard in a t-shirt and shorts getting the beds ready to plant, could be considered cruel. So I won't do that. Try to stay warm!

Frank likes this.
  12. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

58F today!! Who knew we would be out raking and mowing leaves on this wonderful mid January day? A couple days ago, the WIND was blowing like crazy, and it piled up a ton of leaves. We cleaned em up!
    Frank, sorry it is so cold... but it is January after all.
    I know spring is not here... February can be a bitter cold dreary month.
    We'll enjoy this brief warm up while it lasts!

Frank likes this.
  13. Netty

Good Tuesday morning. Currently -21°C and sunny. Looks like a nice sunny day ahead. Off to the big city for an appointment with my youngest, after which we will go shopping. Have a great day all :)

14. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. VERY foggy this morning. Didn't attempt the drive into work until after 9am and it was still a little treacherous. But it's nice and sunny here at the office. We'll have a couple more days of nice weather before the cold and rain returns on Thursday.

15. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. Almost time for me to get out in the garden again for the afternoon. The sun on my back yesterday was getting most uncomfortable since the trees are leafless still.

I think I will be in the backyard today, I want to create a new bed for a mini-sunflower plantation this year. And I need to spread more cardboard and mulch out there before the weeds really wake up from their winter nap.