The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -7°C and overcast. I got excited to see fresh tracks in front of my trail camera today - finally a photo of the coywolves that pass the yard? Seems I had the camera aiming too high and so no pictures :( I will fiddle with the camera later and make sure it is aiming the correct way. I also need to make a dentist appointment as I lost a filling yesterday. Have a great day all :)

2. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Wednesday morning. Yesterday was a cold and wet day, but only left about 1/8th inch of rain at my house. Today is starting off drizzly and in the mid 40s. We might make it to 60F. Looking ahead to the weekend when it will be sunny and 70! :stew2:

3. Evil Roy

Evil Roy In Flower

Frank just remember two things.

The first one is The Law of Cybernetic Entomology: "There's always one more bug." Planning just makes sure it's a small one.

The second is The First Rule of Combat: "No battle plan ever survives first contact with the enemy." Something unexpected will happen, don't let it rattle you. Just forge ahead and all of that planning will start to pay off.

Frank and marlingardener like this.
  4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

GOOD MORNING ALL ON THE NEW FORUM SOFTWARE!
    31 deg when I got up this morning, not supposed to get warmer than upper 40's this afternoon. Just a tad drizzly, certainly nothing to get excited about.

Frank likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Good afternoon everyone. We have had another blizzard! Seems like there is no end to the snow this year and it is still snowing today. Planted my strawberry seeds and I am anxiously waiting for them to sprout. Can't wait to plant tomato,onion and pepper seeds until April. :)
    springrabbitgraphic.gif

6. Netty

Good Thursday afternoon all! It's a sunny day, but cold at only -14°C this afternoon. Just got back from my shopping and errand trip to find GardenStew all new!
    Chrisle - I just saw a snow photo from a friend of mine that lives in NB ... I couldn't believe my eyes! The snow was 3/4 of the way to the top of her sliding glass doors! She had to shovel a small path and then push the snow blower through her house to get it cleared away! I hope you don't have that much where you are! And I hear you ... I am ready for spring too!

7. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

It's still snowing!
    rsz_feb_04_2015_045.jpg rsz_feb_04_2015_065.jpg

8. toni

WOW!! In the average snowfall 10 inches of snow will equal about 1 inch of rain....wonder what that is going to do to your garden?

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good afternoon all! What a day I had yesterday. In fact I had prepared myself for the site upgrade for months but still things caught me off guard. I had predicted the upgrade would take 6 - 8 hours. I thought I would get it down to 4 but it ended up being 7.5 hours before I was able to switch GardenStew back on again.

One bad thing about being in my current timezone (GMT+8) is that it's nighttime here when most of the activity is happening and last night I wasn't able to get to everyone right away. Hopefully I can tackle everything today.

Weather-wise it's quite colder than usual here and dull as a doorknob. Good keyboard weather :)

Enjoy your Friday all! :stew1:

Donna S likes this.
  10. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -12°C and sunny. The sunrise was beautiful this morning! Getting ready for a busy couple of days ... picking up my son from school today, and tomorrow my daughter has an all day skating event. We have to be an hour away from home by 7am. It should be interesting getting my daughter up at 5am! Sunday will truly be a day for resting this week! Have a great day all :)

11. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Friday morning. I think our cold and dreary weather is going to be ending today. Temps should get close to 60F. The weekend is supposed to be sunny and very warm with temps in the mid to upper 70s. I have things to do on Saturday, but Sunday is going to be my "stay outside all day long" day. :stew2:

12. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Good morning! I haven't been outside yet but it looks to be cloudy. Today will be a sewing day if I ever get myself in gear and get started.
    dooley

13. toni

Good morning all. Starting out at 36 deg this morning but going into the 60's later. And Saturday through Tuesday we have upper 70's in the forecast. I bought 10 bags of mulch last night and some Scabiosa columbaria (Pincushion Flower) for assorted pots. The ones I have had for a few years in the ground have been blooming all winter, so I figured I will fill a few dull spots with them.

14. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Good afternoon everyone. The sun is out....... it's not snowing!! :smt041 Have a little baking to do then I should go out and do some shoveling.

15. Netty

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -10°C and still very dark. We are up before the crack of dawn and are heading out to a skating competition for the day. This is the first time I have gotten my daughter up at this hour and her not being grumpy! It's gonna be an exciting day! Have a great day everyone! :)