The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -5°C and overcast with snow falling. It has been snowing for a few days now and it is starting to really pile up. This morning when I opened the door I had to shovel away 2 feet of snow that was piled up against it - reminding me of WHY I keep a shovel inside! Lots of chores to catch up on today. Have a great day all :)

2. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently -12°C and overcast. The snow has finally stopped, and now my birdbaths are completely covered over with snow. I had to walk the dog down the road this morning, rather than my usual route because the snow is too deep. My gardens are safely tucked under snow, safe from any bunnies that might get brave and venture into the yard. I will be found indoors! Have a great day all :)

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Good evening all! It's so chilly here today. Just when I thought spring was coming around. Hopefully later in the week it will pick up!
    I changed my avatar so now the GardenStew logo will be consigned to the main logo only. I haven't given a name to my new avatar buddy yet.

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday morning. We had gorgeous weather all weekend. Sunny and warm (temps in the mid to upper 70s). I've started my flower bed clean-ups. Just concentrating on the front yard first. Had to get out the push mower to knock down some weeds, mostly clover. And the weed eater. Then out came the shovel, rakes, trimmers! And the Round-up. I've got a little more do to there and it will be ready for fresh mulch.
    Now the back... oh my... that's going to take a few days. I did lay out some soaker hoses, but can't really position it well until I cut off all the dead stuff out there... which I hope to get done this upcoming weekend.
    Gotta get everything ready... I can just feel the nurseries getting ready to stock up on all those lovelies!:stew2:

Advertisement
  5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. We had nicely warm days over the weekend too. With no leaves on the trees the sun on my back was a bit intense later in the day but there were other, shadier spots where I could work for a while then.

So far I have laid 12 bags of mulch on the front beds and have 8 more and then will be back at the store for more for the north bed and the shade bed.
    Since we have no front yard, it's all garden, it takes a LOT of mulch to cover it even thinly. :eek: Another few degrees of warmth this morning and I will be back out there hoping to finish off .... except for the paths which I have to edge with something then cover with something.

6. Netty

Good Tuesday morning all. Currently -8°C and overcast. Spent the day catering to my sick son yesterday ... he had some kind of stomach bug. Now that he's feeling better, I need to take him back to school. I'm also starting to get organized to do our families tax returns. Have a great day all :)

7. cherylad

Happy Tuesday morning. Another beautiful day ahead. Temps from mid 40s to upper 70s and clear blue sky.
    There was a report in the news this morning about a plane that had to make an emergency landing in Houston last night (nose gear problem). Just found out that my cousin's wife and son were on that flight! They are okay. whew!

8. toni

Good morning all. Cheryl so glad your kinfolk are okay, I hate flying.

Got most of the front yard cleaned and re-mulched. Most of the muscles in my body are very sore and achy this morning, I think I'll work in the back yard were there is no mulch to drag around.

9. Netty

Oh Toni ... how I WISH I could feel that kind of pain! What I would do to be out mulching my garden!!
    Good Wednesday morning all. Currently -10°C and overcast, with more snow in the forecast. Dentist appointment at noon, to replace a filling that came out. Skating with my youngest tonight and then a board meeting for soccer. A busy day! Have a great day all :smt004

10. cherylad

Happy Wednesday morning. We're stuck in a very nice weather pattern for a while. Now only if it stays this way through the weekend! I've got lots of clean up to do. And hopefully by next weekend I'll be ready for a couple of truckloads of mulch. I can probably get one truckload laid this weekend, but the ground is still so soft, I'm scared of getting stuck. Just driving and empty truck off the driveway leaves indents in the ground... imagine what it would do filled up with mulch?

11. toni

Good afternoon all. I took today off from yard work, I did wander around out there getting ideas for moving some plants to other spots though.

Hubby has a 4 day weekend coming so Friday we are taking off for some R&R in the form of hotel room, I don't cook - he microwaves, I get to watch all the HGTV I want, he gets to nap all day Saturday if he wants. Then Sunday and Monday we are going junquing. It seems like forever since we went, at least to the shops we will go to this weekend. Hopefully they have had plenty of time to restock since our last time there.

12. Netty

Good Thursday morning all. Currently -10°C and snowing. Again. The temperatures are going to plunge again for the next few days at least, but after my shopping trip today I won't have to go out again for a few days. I am SO tired of winter!

13. cherylad

Happy Thursday morning. A little cooler today with the highs only going to be in the mid 60s.
    Sorry Netty... I feel so bad about posting that after just reading about your winter still hanging on. :oops:

14. toni

Good morning all. The first of 3 cold fronts moved through last night, it's a little chilly out today, warms up again for a couple of days then front #2 comes through on Sunday but it is also just a two day event. Winter will return to north Texas next Tuesday when the bottom falls out of the Arctic again but it only last for a couple of days....but the high on those days will likely only be in the 30's. But cold fronts down here don't usually come with rain so we are still dry as a bone.

15. Netty

Good Friday morning all. Currently -26°C and sunny. This is the coldest morning this year, and so my dog walk was short. At least the sun is shining. I don't think I'm going to venture too far today, only as far as the woodshed. 35 days until spring and counting! Have a great day all :)