The Good Day All Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Well, here we are in Wisconsin. We finally got the internet and cable hooked up today. Now, I can pester people again. It's a very nice apartment in a very nice complex. Ground floor, end of building, view of woods and fields. There is a hospital with lights but it's across the field and just makes twinkling lights at night, no noise from it. We rode the bus around a couple of times and we'll try to do it a bit at a time until we can find our way around. Our son is coming to take us shopping in a bit. Just for things too big to carry on the bus. We sold our truck to one of our other sons. We'll be just find with the bus. It's pretty close to the bus stop. I need to go and see what's been up since I was last here about 10 days ago.
    dooley

2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Great to hear from you Dooley. It sounds as though your apartment is situated in a nice spot. Once you're settled in properly you can maybe investigate the woods and fields that you have a view of. I hope you'll both be happy in your new home.

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Dooley, it sounds as if you landed in a field of clover! It is so good to hear that you are settled in (somewhat) and soon the bus driver on your route will come to know and love you and Brian. Please keep us posted on your doings.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Good Saturday morning all. Currently -11°C and sunny. I was hoping to sleep in a little today, but the dog woke me up at 7am. I guess it's for the best as there is a lot to do today! Big cleanup inside this morning and then off to Skating Carnival this afternoon. I am the change room Mom and so I will probably miss most of the show.
    She is only 11 Toni, so it's going to be a while! I may complain a lot, but the truth is there is no place I would rather be than watching her.
    Have a great day everyone!

Chrisle likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Piano contest today! 10 hours of paperwork, but at least I have internet access!

6. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

Here wishing everyone a good Saturday. It is really windy here today. I have to cover plants tonight since it's going to be so cold.

7. Netty

Good Sunday morning all. Currently -2°C and sunny. I must have been dreaming about working out in my garden as I woke up thinking about pruning the fruit trees. The snow is almost gone from the veggie garden and so I'd like to get out and figure out which beds to expand and plan my set up this year. I have everything I need for my garden except warm weather! Yesterdays skate carnival was a great success, but we are sad to have the season over. Have a great day all :)

8. Riccur

Riccur Seedling

Good Sunday morning here as well. After a saturday full of snow all day, I am glad to say the sun is out. If only the air was nice and warm to be outside without being all bundled up.

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. The temperature is bouncing around lately, some days in the 80's then some in the 60-70 deg range. I prefer the latter but Mother Nature has more of a say-so than I do.

We got the trellis up to create the grape arbor yesterday. Two poor grape vines have been struggling along in smallish pots out front for about 5 years, time for them to have larger homes and room to spread.
    Today is breakfast with our oldest daughter and then I will be putting some new plants in the north shade bed.

10. Netty

Good Monday morning all. Currently 1°C and overcast with strong winds and passing flurries. The wind was shaking the house last night! Not sure what my plans are today, I think I'll have a coffee before I decide. Have a great day all :)

11. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Happy Monday afternoon. What a wonderful weekend! Perfect weather with temps in the lower 80s and lots of sunshine. On Friday morning, I disassembled the winterhouse and got the plants "untucked". Then I went for my first truckload of mulch (after stopping by the Jubilee in town). Had it all spread just before then sun went down. Then back to the mulch place on Saturday.... 3 more times. I finally got everything spread by around noon on Sunday. Except for one wheelbarrow full. I got most of the mowing done. Then realized I didn't have string for the weedeater. So into town I went. By the time I got back, I talked myself out of the weedeating and planted all my new plants instead! I'll have to force myself to do the weedeating when I get home. Then it'll be time to start repotting/uppotting the stuff from over the winter.

12. Netty

Happy Tuesday morning all. Currently -4°C and foggy. The weather is slowly improving and so I am determined to have spring cleaning done inside before the ground is workable. We are down to our last pockets of snow, allowing to me see all the vole damage. With all the snow we had, I did expect to find a lot of vole activity. Thankfully they stayed away from my fruit trees this year. I hope I can concentrate on housework today, but just maybe I will allow myself to do a little bit of raking later.
    Cherylad, you sure have been busy! So tell me ... how many muscles are aching today?

13. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Netty... surprisingly only half of my muscles are aching! :)
    I took it easy yesterday afternoon... the weedeating didn't get done. Maybe this evening.
    I did start working on the potted plants. Some are full of fire ants. :smt013
    It looks like it will be another pretty day here, temps from low 60s to low 80s.

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good morning all. I got the grape vines repotted and tied to their trellises yesterday, easier than I thought it would be considering they had been in those pots for 3-5 years.
    Our city is tearing up and replacing the streets in our neighborhood, starting with ours. It's really about time, these houses were built in the mid-1960's and the streets are in pretty bad shape with various repairs and pot holes filled over the years.
    It's extremely noisy with the concrete cutting machine being used then the thumper thing will come in to break it all up and the trucks will arrive to carry it all away and then 5 -6 months later they will be in another section and our street, curbs and sidewalk will all be brand new. Of course we will most likely lose our two very large and very old Crepe Myrtles and I have to dig up and pot the plants I have along the sidewalk. I am really glad I had kept putting off planting the H*** strip between the sidewalk and the street.

But today I have plants to get in the ground in the shade bed.

15. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Good morning everyone! It is almost noon, and I've spent a happy and dirty morning in the garden. Three long rows of bush beans are planted, 12 Celebrity tomatoes, and I managed to squeeze in three more Peron tomatoes. This afternoon more seed planting, this time in the seasonal garden which is fenced to keep the bunnies out.
    My darling husband took one look at me when I came in to get a drink, and offered to get Chinese for lunch. That man is such a keeper!